freaking bad habits are hard to break

mstiffany2u2
on 12/31/11 7:52 am - VA
So i went to the mall today and instead of getting food and something to drink...i decided to get a smoothie...so for the past 3 hours i have been DRINKING OUT OF A STRAW...AWWWWWW it just hit me...so being that nothing happened to me....why cant we drink out of straw

sleevegirl
on 12/31/11 7:54 am - Austin, TX
There's two reasons I've heard... one, you can drink too fast and cause yourself pain or get too many calories. Two, you get more air in your tummy and gas is bad.

I have drank from a straw from 2 weeks out. I'm a rebel like that.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

mstiffany2u2
on 12/31/11 7:57 am - VA
go rebel....well when  realized it was too late..hahahahaaa...i will do better next time

bandrmom
on 12/31/11 7:59 am
 I did that the other day without thinking about until it was too late. I didn't notice too much difference in my gassiness.
KSqtpie
on 12/31/11 8:01 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
My program does not have a restriction on straws. My NUT said that newer data does not indicate there is a real problem with using a straw unless it upsets your tummy (gas)...so its up to us. I hope it doesn't hurt my tummy pistols, cuz I love straws.
mstiffany2u2
on 12/31/11 8:04 am - VA
yeah i had no gas pains so i guess it will be okay...i use to love drinking out of straws an i missed it so maybe thats why i did it

kanga003
on 12/31/11 8:10 am
My NUT siad that the straw thing is really more case by case... some people have no trouble, but a lot drink too fast/get too much air.... she said if it works for me, no worries.

For me, even 5.5 months out, I won't go near a smoothie... way too many calories and carbs for me, but I am a carb counter... maybe they have some great ones out there that I do't know about?  For me a smoothie would be a dangerous slider...

If I'm at the mall I might get an iced coffee with skim milk, splenda, and a SF flavor shot... that's my "go to treat" when I'm out and about... a few carbs and calories from the couple OZ of milk, but thats about it... I can totally fit that in my plan :-)

At the mall, now, I can get a salad with some kind of protien if I need to, but I waste most of it... I might get a scoop of tuna somewhere, or a chicken wrap and just eat the inside... but usually i try to carry a protien bar in my purse... assuming I'm not going to a "real" resturant...

Good Luck my dear!!!  I'm sure you're probably fine with the straw :-)
(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 8:32 am - GA
I'm so glad that you posted this. I was thinkng today "Why can't I drink from a straw?" I'm having issues trying to get all my liquids in and contemplating trying a straw to aide in getting all my fluids in. Anyone have any thoughts about that?

Thanks you guys!
newme2011-2012
on 12/31/11 8:56 am
I am almost 2 months out and use a straw all the time. No problems.. No gas , burping extra air etc..
I think each person might be different.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

mstiffany2u2
on 12/31/11 9:01 am - VA
I really didnt realize i was doing it until the straw was up in my face....but i had not one issue out of it...that was a good thing i guess....

Most Active
Recent Topics