Wearing the smallest jeans in the attic!

Happy966
on 12/29/11 10:44 am

I hate this addiction.  And you're right, the sleeve helps a lot!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 1:37 am
Congrats on the jeans!

I'm always so impressed by your self reflection and thoughtfulness regarding your compulsive overeating. I also have the perfectionism factor and have used it many times as an excuse to give up for the day, which often turns into an indefinite binge. Do you believe that the sleeve is helping you deal with your issues? I know I'm still early out, but two days ago I had my first day of that old empty-feed-me-till-I'm-sick feeling coming back. It's not real hunger - all in my head. Pre VSG I would have eaten my way through the day. That day I made a one egg omelette with a 1/4 oz of cheese and a TBS of Greek Yogurt sauce and that did it - all on plan. That wouldn't have happened for me pre VSG.

Thank you for sharing your insights about your own eating. Your thoughts really help those of us in the early stages!

Happy New Year, friend!
Happy966
on 12/29/11 10:11 am

Hey Kairk!

I definitely still get the old empty-feed-me-till-I'm-sick feeling, but my experience has been much like you describe with the omelette.  The surgery has definitely helped.  I am satisfied with less food than before, which keeps me from doing too much damage (like, 3 pounds of food at the Chinese buffet).  This makes it easier to stay on plan. 

I am also not ravenously hungry all the time, which I was pre-surgery whenever I was eating on plan.  I am grateful not to have the constant hunger.

I had the surgery because I'd come to the conclusion that I was not going to be able to eat consistently on the order of 1200-1400 calories per day which I feel like I will need to do to maintain a more normal body weight.  I really feel like it is doable now.  I am very aware, however, that I could eat 3000 calories a day *today*, if I set my mind to it.  Or fell face first into the peanut butter fudge. 

Traci M.
on 12/29/11 2:49 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
Good for you and 60 pounds is alot you should be proud of yourself.No one says you have to lose a certain a mount in a certain period of time. a pound is a pound is a pound. keep up the good work and i cant wait to be on the loser bench with you.HappyNew Years   

Traci

Happy966
on 12/29/11 10:47 am

You are right, I am very satisfied overall, and I know I'm not done.  Good luck for your upcoming surgery!

kimbethin
on 12/29/11 5:59 am, edited 12/29/11 5:59 am - CA
Congrats to you on size 18 jeans and your 4 month surgiversary.  You are doing great!  I know you struggle sometimes but I love how you work through it and maintain your great attitude and supportive smile here for all of us!  Focus on the amazing work you've done and forget the what might have beens.  You are just awesome!  
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Happy966
on 12/29/11 10:50 am

Aw, thanks, Kim.  So are you!  I'm not really down, I just have to keep reminding myself I'm not cured!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 8:05 am
I just want to tell you that your commitment to being honest with yourself, your intelligence and your integrity in working the process make being your friend a true honor.  Keep up the amazing job, I know you have a lifetime of great moments and NSV's ahead of you.
Happy966
on 12/29/11 10:55 am

Elina, you rock!  Thank you for giving so much of yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics