YOU MUST BE MILITANT to be above average

Pooch2
on 4/10/12 10:00 am
Absolutely and I can see how it made sense for you.   I hope I can get less militant on that tool after goal because of new habits I am building but for now, I know, I need that accountability.......  and the book, didn't really beg for a response but you do communicate well....
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
ruggie
on 4/10/12 10:07 am - Sacramento, CA
Well, that's just it, right.... being militant (constantly cognizant) turns into healthy habits in the future.

It's like the couch-to-5K program.  At first, I have to make a deal with myself to fit it in my schedule, and force myself to get off the damn couch and run.... and now I come home from work and just run, easy peasy, before dinner like it's always just been a normal part of my day.  This is the terrific aspect about lifestyle changes. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Lee ~
on 4/10/12 8:07 am - CA
 Ruggie, this post is fantastic!  I was in Mexico having plastics when you wrote it, and I missed it.  Now you're at goal!  You've done it and everyone here can take a few lessons from you.

Big kudos on understanding both yourself and your Sleeve.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

ruggie
on 4/10/12 9:34 am - Sacramento, CA
Lee -

Thanks so much for your kind words. :)

wishes
on 4/10/12 9:34 pm
VSG on 09/01/11 with
This has really helped me resolidify what I really want. I don't just want to lose these last 37 lbs. I want to keep them off. I want to be healthy and fit. I want to maintain this lifestyle for the rest of my life. I do not ever want to go back to who I was. Goodbye XL labcoat! Hello small.

Thank you so much for writing this. You, Frisco, and Elina have been inspirations to me since I began my six month supervised diet over a year ago. I will be above average because I succeed. My weight has always held me back, but I am taking control once again. This really helped me get back in the mindset that this is not something I can let go of. It is just like any other disease. It requires constant maintenance. Thank you so much again.
ruggie
on 4/11/12 1:11 am - Sacramento, CA
I just wanted to congratulate you on your new-found resolve, and wicked determination to get down to your goal!  That is really, truly awesome. 

Frisco and Elina were definitely "my teachers" during this process - they are sharp and introspective!

Good luck and let us know when you're close to goal!

Hislady
on 12/24/12 8:02 am - Vancouver, WA

Ruggie  this is an excellent post, haven't had the sleeve yet but it pretty much applies to any and all lifestyle changes. Reminds me of what I used to tell my kid,"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it!" We all get so programmed that we shouldn't have to do something we don't like that we fight the things that are best for us!!! You should post this every 6 mos. or so to keep all on track!

Most Active
Recent Topics