YOU MUST BE MILITANT to be above average

Thenewme55
on 12/24/11 8:51 am - WA
VSG on 01/12/12
Thanks for the post!!! I'm schedule for Jan 12th and have been fulfilling my 6 month insurance requirements. A couple of observations that you pointed out that I feel will now be apart of my 'normal' life going forward.  I have been attending support group meetings twice a month and can't imagine going into this without the support and knowledge I've learned from them. I know I will continue...I like to talk...haha! The group leader is also a counselor so I already know I can go see him if I need additional help! I've also gone to the nutritionist every month and plan to continue for a while just to make sure I'm getting the balance I need.  I have copied your post to add to my journal...you said it all so well - Thanks again for the reality check!!
ruggie
on 12/24/11 9:49 am - Sacramento, CA
Good luck on your new journey! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

tripmom02
on 12/24/11 8:53 am - NJ
 I am too drunk to read this tonight. I am sure it's good information, I just can't process it onight LOL

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

MikeyMike
on 12/24/11 9:51 am - New York, NY
Excellent Post!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

SleevedLife
on 12/24/11 9:58 am
Brilliant post! 

*LIKE* 

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

slimpickins5280
on 12/24/11 10:17 am - CO
Great post as usual. Thanks for the reminder that this is a daily fight.

Our old eating habits are like the check out stand where they place all that crap stuff they want us and our kids to purchase those things without thinking about what we are doing. We have to stay aware of what we are eating and why and how it will affect us.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, whatever one you celebrate.

Merry Christmas and here's to conscious choices.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

happyteacher
on 12/24/11 10:26 am
 Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful post.  I am a newly sleeved person who has been trolling the board here for a while, but there were a few items that I read for the first time in this post.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it!  Undereat the sleeve- I have done that so far, but only for fear of harming the new staple line.  I will continue this practice as it makes total sense.  No clue why none of the doctors or nuts haven't mentioned it!  Mashed potatoes?  No joke, about 2 hours ago my husband was telling me how he was looking forward to me eating this again, uh don't think so.  I am going to have him read this post :)  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ruggie
on 12/24/11 10:51 am - Sacramento, CA
Definitely!  Sure, some things I don't measure (when I go out to a restaurant, I don't take measuring cups with me!) but I eat the amount I know I should.  At home and work, all my food is measured out.  I know what volume, calories, protein, carbs I'm eating.  Frisco believes that undereating will also help avoid stretching out the sleeve.

It's good you're sharing your thoughts with your husband so he better understands what you're going through and what you need to be successful.  Why does he look forward to you eating mashed potatoes though? 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

happyteacher
on 12/25/11 1:09 am
 Something normal, something the whole family eats, and something he knows that I adore.  He isn't thinking carb versus protein, or at least he wasn't :) 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Foxbins
on 12/24/11 12:31 pm
I'm right there with you, Ruggie--I do not understand people who ask "When can I eat pizza?  When can I have soda?  Is an ice cream sundae at five days post-op okay?" 

When I decided to have most of my stomach removed due to obesity, I also decided that I was done being fat and that my life would no longer revolve around food.  I was determined to get to a BMI in the middle of the normal range or below and I have.  I measured and documented, and continue to measure and document, my intake.  I will admit that I am not the poster child for exercise, but I certainly walk more than I did a year ago and I love to swim, flabby thighs and all.  Frisco and Elina helped me through their posts and  I have always thought they were so generous to share their expertise.  I would like to thank them, and you too, for saying things that need to be said. 
Most Active
Recent Topics