Complications after 3 years

Carmen C.
on 11/26/11 12:41 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
Well..

I have to honestly.. saw... I have gained 50 pounds.. after 3 years..I am so upset with myself... ..

Also I have discovered.. that I have a large hernia.. and my esophagus is damaged and I am on my max of omerazole (anti acids) every day. . they did some biopsy tests and they stated my tens tines are filled will acid.. I have to have surgery..

Next year I will be having a gastric bypass.. they said this should help with the acid issues and repair my hernia..
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 12:49 pm
 Hang in there. You will be just fine. Don't get down on yourself...it will just perpetuate the vicious cycle.

Take one baby step, day by day, in the right direction...it sounds like you already have!

Curious because I still have an issue after I eat with a pain I get that no Dr can diagnose to save their lives. What does a hernia feel like?

kimbethin
on 11/26/11 12:54 pm - CA
I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  I hope the bypass helps you feel bettter.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Carmen C.
on 11/26/11 12:56 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
I can't even really say.. I feel the hernia.. I had an upper GI and they told me I had one.. and my stomach was really damaged from the acid.. they told me my body is not accepting the sugery.. the acid is sitting to much.. sad.. I have to wait 8 more months.. and my insurance only covers it 10,000 but that's better than nothing..

I just know I am excited.. to have it done..

Just seems so much has happened.. over the past 3 years..
SassyItalian
on 11/26/11 2:22 pm, edited 11/26/11 2:22 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
i thought omeprazole was not a ppi and not good for our stomach acid and shouldnt be used in place of anti acid meds like protonix and things like that?

anyone know?

anyway, sorry you are having a hard time but im glad you are doing whatever you need to do surgery wise to conquer it.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 2:43 pm
It's generic Prilosec.. It's good.
jacreasy
on 11/26/11 11:47 pm
VSG on 04/23/12
 Hang in there!!  Are you having bypass b/c you gained weight or having it b/c of all the reflux? What are tens tines? There is nothing else they can do before to help you rather than having another surgery?
sunnymicki
on 11/26/11 11:56 pm, edited 11/26/11 11:57 pm
I'm sorry you are having a tough time.

I am curious though how having an RNY will help with the acid issues? Is it because they are removing even more of your stomach?

Do you feel like sharing what you think contributed to you re-gaining 50 lbs? I think it would be helpful if you are up to talking about it.

And I'm sure you've tried different antacids, but just in case - have you been on protonix? Prilosec (omeprazole) even the highest dose didn't work at all for my husband - he had terrible reflux - but after he was switched to protonix did so much better.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Carmen C.
on 11/27/11 1:59 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I have to have surgery either way.. for the hernia.. I was told for a permanet resolution is the RNY.. I have tried all the anti acids possibles.. nothing is working, it has damaged my esphonues and my intensinces ...

And YES because of the weight gain..

As far as to my gain of 50 pounds.. IT"S TOTALLY my fault.. I have had  my life turn 360 degress, I was working.. 2 full time jobs and finishing grad school.. I was eating to fuel myself..

Also with 2 deaths in the family, loss of work, home, cars,, other stuff.. and loosing the ability to no longer have children... I used eating as an excuse..

YES< this is a tool.. and know that excerise, and eating right works.. I am starting to trim down and learn and take my vitiams.. I have tried 5 day pouch test 3 times.. abut with the acid problems.. eating and medcine only brings comfort..

I just had one disappoinment.. I DON"T want to have this surgery.. I FOUGHT it for 6 months.. I refused.. but now realize.. that this is the only choice to fix my pain of acid.. life is so mirserable with it. .it's so bad.. my doctor said.. that I will end up with ulcers..
Most Active