C25Kers updates

Nancy B.
on 11/15/11 10:41 pm - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
Hi everyone!  There was a topic last week about starting the Couch to 5K program.  I just thought I'd update everyone on my progress, and give you all a chance to share yours.

I had a sick child Monday, so W1 Day 1 was spent on the treadmill.  Didn't do bad at all.  It felt really good!  So today, with all the kids back at school, I set off down the road for W1  D2.  Wow, treadmill vs. road?  Road wins!  That was tough, but I hung in there and walked when I HAD to instead of running.  I have a feeling if Friday isn't any better, I'll be repeating Week 1.  But I'm ok with that....the point is to do it, and not let difficulties and obstacles stop you.

My hope is that I can sign up for a 5K in March that I had signed up for a couple years ago (as a motivational goal) and didn't even show up to.

Your turn!  How's it going for YOU?
-Nancy 

HW 238    Starting Weight 227   Surgery Weight 212   CW 155
Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
LaToya S.
on 11/15/11 10:55 pm - Edwardsville, IL

Where do you get information from regarding the C25K? I want to do it after surgery.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Jasonm11
on 11/15/11 10:58 pm
This site will give you a basic overview of it
http://www.c25k.com/

Search google for more sites like it.  If you have a smart phone, their are a number of apps out there.  The one I use is called 5K Runner.  It is free and allows you to play music while running, then pops over and tells you when to run and walk.  Works great :)

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
Nancy B.
on 11/16/11 9:23 pm - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
The one I use is found on the Cool Running website.  It may be the same thing as the previous poster. 

I've been using the C25K app (from Bluefin Software).  It's free, but I paid the extra $1.99, I think, for the GPS feature.  It's really cool...it tracks the route you take, tells you how fast you walked and ran....all kinds of neat stuff.  It journals your progress in your calendar, and you can use your own music playlist.  It chimes in when it's time for you to walk or run, and tells you when you're halfway through.
-Nancy 

Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
Jasonm11
on 11/15/11 10:56 pm
I started this a few months back. I got up to week 6 and had to take a few weeks off for various reasons. I missed the 5k I was planning on running for the same reasons then never got back to the C25K training program. Best advice I can give you is stick to it. Missing any time sets you back quite a bit. I'm about two months out from the training and dropped from running up to 2 miles without a break to now struggling to make 1 mile without stopping. Though I have stepped up my pace from an 11 minute mile to an 8 minute mile so it could be from the faster pace.

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
acbbrown
on 11/15/11 10:58 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Ive been stuck in the 25-28 minute run zone for a while now. I need to step it up and push myself but road vs treadmill depresses me! I feel like I could run all day on the TM but once I get outside I cant run more than 5-10 min at a time, max.

My goal is to start adding a slight incline to my TM workouts and try and get outside more and then once I do that for a bit, push myself a little more.

Way to go!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 11/16/11 9:46 pm - NJ
 I have a friend who was stuck at the same point, so he started the program all over again from the start, but instead of walking/running, he did his current comfortable run pace, and then 30 seconds at a higher pace. He was feeling great at week 3 and had increased his time/speed. 

Not sure if it would work for you, but just thought I would toss it out there. 

And I hear you on the difference between treadmill and road, I am near dead at the end of the road run, but was able to follow up my walk/run on the treadmill last night with 30 mins on the elliptical which is something that I would not be able to do after training outside!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

ednjen30
on 11/16/11 11:58 am - CA
 I am week 7 of C25K.  I love it but I am so slow that it makes me want to quit! Takes me 46.30 minutes to run 3.2 miles. I am signed up to do a 5K on Thanksgiving morning.  There is an app for the ipod touch for the C25K. 

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
Nancy B.
on 11/16/11 9:18 pm - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
Don't quit!  The point is you're doing it! :)
-Nancy 

tripmom02
on 11/16/11 9:48 pm - NJ
 You are doing GREAT, keep at it and think of how great you will feel when you finish your Thanksgiving 5k! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics