Quest Protein Bars...

Leslie P.
on 11/13/11 3:07 am - OH
I am sorry you struggle with them. They have been a lifesaver for me. I feel like I get my sweet fix and a protein hit at the same time. They fit well into my 600-800 calories and less than 40 carbs plan :(

Happy966
on 11/13/11 3:16 am

Oh, no problem!  I'm really, really happy for you.  I know it's my own wacked out food problem, and except when I'm in the middle of struggling with it, it's not that big a deal.  There're lots of things I don't eat that I don't miss at all (as long as I don't eat them).

I wasn't posting a cautionary tale about Quest bars, but instead trying to keep myself honest about my struggles with food.  It's hard for me to say out loud that I'm having a problem right now with some particular food.  I have a history of trying to deal with it "on my own," then being sneaky and dishonest with myelf and everyone else about what I'm really eating.  I felt like I would have eaten the whole box if I hadn't have "come clean" about them!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

tripmom02
on 11/13/11 3:50 am - NJ
 I am glad you wrote this, I am in a very dodgy place right now with the kids Halloween candy, it's in the freezer, in the garage in freezer bags and yet I still find myself standing in front of that freezer once a day having a fight with myself, and lately the candy has been winning. I keep telling myself "well, it's only one piece and you ARE being accountable by logging it", but it's not helping me get to the place where I can just say "Eff you candy, you don't own me". 

I need to have a heart to heart with my kids and explain to them the stuggle I am having and see if they can compromise with me (toys for candy etc) so I can chuck it. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Leslie P.
on 11/13/11 6:24 am - OH
I feel ya both!! I had to send all the leftover candy with my skinny DH to work. The night it was in the house, I had about three pieces, then felt ill afterwards..... I try not to keep the trigger foods in the house at all and I stay away from it when we are out.

SleeveRockn Chic
on 11/13/11 6:54 am
 I love quest bars.  I have the sampler box too and my favorite is peanut butter and jelly, feel like I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich lol.  I can only eat half at a time.  One day I went to the park and ate the whole thing and I totally regreted that so never again.  They are def. great to stick in purse on the go and sometimes if there is nothing nutritious to eat or say at a movie I can eat this and get some protein in.  My NUT says I can count net carbs so these are great because after the fiber there is like 4-6 carbs depending on bar unlike the store protein bars that are 20+ carbs with maybe 3 fiber.  Hope one day you can enjoy these again, they sure help me if I get a craving for peanut butter or chocolate.  Kerry

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

Happy966
on 11/13/11 7:01 am

I will say a whole one kept me filled up for a long time!  I have a particular weakness for peanut butter.  The Quest bars remind me of the old-style Balance Bars - like how they were in the mid-1990s.  Maybe it will be more of a maintenance thing for me.

edelu
on 11/13/11 3:06 pm - los angeles, CA
I bought a couple of boxes and have half a one each day for breakfast with no problem but to me they do not taste like chocolate or good candy.  I get a sweet hit but not enough to want o splurge.  food triggers are powerful things.  I gave up drinking (for the 1st 6 months) because I am a foodie and i can't have a good glass f wine without it triggering food desires.  I enjoy wine but while I'm in the initial stages of this thing i just can't do it and it's not because of the calories in the glass but the way it paves the way to hell.  I feel you.  Glad you got a handle on it right away. Are you sure you can't return the bars? Most companies have a return policy.  The 2nd box at least you haven't touched it.
Jackie00
on 11/13/11 8:22 am
I like them and only brought 3 so far, haven't touched my third one yet. One bar lasts me a week at work, I break off a piece for a snack then that is it. On Fridays I finish up what is left and last week I didn't have any since I kept forgetting about it. I just brought 3 different kinds so far, I had the peanut butter one, chocolate fudge and not sure what the last one is, it has been so long since I brought them lol. Maybe I will go for a snack since I am now home from the nice long weekend and still have another day off
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Happy966
on 11/13/11 8:26 am

Oh, I'm so glad you aren't having trouble with them!  And definitely envious that you have another day off!!

Jackie00
on 11/13/11 10:12 am
Well I am still fighting the fatigue part and booked the day off, I have been spending my lunch breaks napping. Kids will be at the babysitter's or school so momma can get some rest.

Well I look at them bars as USAF wife said, a carb is a carb so I count the total amount towards my 40 grams of carbs a day and figure it is best just to have a bite of them. I will take some time and go pick up a few more tomorrow they are great to have around for that fix, I just tried a bite of the vanilla almond I think it is. I don't like the fruit ones (haven't tried them but was never a fan of the fruit granola bars so thinking I won't like them). The chocolate brownie one was good and it fixed my chocolate craving so it works
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics