Removing my laband and converting to VSG 12/20/11

ROBIN R.
on 11/3/11 10:25 am - Zachary, LA
Has anyone gone through a revision from the band to the VSG?  I worried about not losing weight.  I have had the band for almost 6 years and want to lose more weight.  My goal is to get out of the 200's.  Currently I'm about 215lbs.  I hopeing converting will help me maintain what I've lost and take more off.
apple55
on 11/3/11 10:45 am, edited 11/3/11 10:46 am
I never had a lapband, but originally consulted for the lapband, the doctor pursuaded me that the VSG was the best choice, and I don't regret it not one bit.

kegpsu
on 11/3/11 11:02 am
Revision on 01/31/12
I am in your shoes. Except I was banded 4 years ago, slip 5 months later and never lost weight. I have been struggling with my band since I have had it. I have opted for VSG with the understading with my surgeon that if there is damage I am ok with RNY. I just feel more comfortable with VSG but I worry that I am not going to lose a significant amount of weight. Good luck and I hope you find the answer you may be looking for!
Meme10
on 11/3/11 11:20 am - TX
You won't regret it. Restriction without getting stuck is awesome! And the surgery was easier for me than lap band.
              HW-307  lapband-243  SW-250  CW-225  GW-150                  

ROBIN R.
on 11/4/11 2:15 am - Zachary, LA
I'm worried about being use to have a pouch and with the sleeve I won't have one.  Will I feel that full feeling and know when to stop eating?
debgwoody
on 11/4/11 1:23 am
My BEAUTIFUL daughter ( and only child ) is having a revision to sleeve on Nov 15 , I will keep you updated on her progress. Praying for an easy recovery !!!

Life isn't about the breaths we take but the moment's that take our breath away!!  
ROBIN R.
on 11/4/11 2:14 am - Zachary, LA
Thanks, keep me posted.  My surgery is 12/20.
tripmom02
on 11/4/11 1:39 am - NJ
I am a band to sleeve revision, I did well with my band and have done great with the Sleeve. Honestly, it depends on why you are not doing well with the band, if you are prone to eating around the band, ie slider foods that go right down or past your restriction then the sleeve alone might not be a good choice. Research all your options before you make a decision! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

ROBIN R.
on 11/4/11 2:14 am - Zachary, LA

Thanks for the reponse.  I'm glad to take to someone in my shoes.  I've done well with the band.  They can't give me anymore fills because of acid reflux.  I've been 210-220 for the last couple of years.  I go to the gym at 4-5 days a week.  I know how to keep the weight off it's just time to get the band out.  I pray I do well with the sleeve.

tripmom02
on 11/4/11 2:21 am - NJ
My band had to come out b/c of a slip, but I can see how frustrating it would be to have the band in there and not be able to get a fill to make it work! I LOVE my sleeve, it does everything I thought the band was supposed to do. I have consistint restriction, no more reflux and my hunger is way down from what it used to be. 

Sounds like you are already on the right track and the sleeve will be a great change for you! Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to PM me or post to me. I am an open book.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics