I decided to listen to my own advice...

Happy966
on 11/1/11 6:50 am

I have not been having a great week so far.  First of all, at my "official" Monday weigh-in, I was at 230.0, and was 230.4 today which usually doesn't bother me, but I am completely OVER being in the 230s.  The 230s are a big psychological block for me and getting under 230 is one of my "mini-goals."  So I have been mopey because the 230s are not yet in my rearview mirror.  The most recent three times I have lost weight before, I fizzled out in the 230s.

Then, today, I have been hungry all day and plagued by food thoughts.  To combat this, I have been drinking enough to float a battleship, and honestly, I don't think I *could* eat anything, but I keep finding myself thinking about the food.  I have had 523 of my calories today, and I haven't had my (admittedly little) dinner yet.

So here's what I did!  When I would have to drive to an early morning meeting, I would often hit Panera or fast food for something to eat while driving.  For the heck of it, I went to their web sites and calculated what my typical "driving treats" would consist of when I was deep into the food.  For some reason, this perked me right up. 

Looks like I could put away 800-1100 calories by breakfast!  Over 100 g of carbs in one meal!  And it's not like I didn't eat lunch or dinner after that!! 

So I decided to feel very grateful that I've made it through most of the day on 523 calories and I was actually *not* hungry, just having those familiar food thoughts.  And I decided I must still need to be in the 230s, or I wouldn't be.  I told myself the day would come when the scale wouldn't move *at all* (maintenance) and I would still have to follow my food plan and deal with food thoughts.  And 33 pounds in 2 months is just peachy! 

Thanks for being there!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

apple55
on 11/1/11 7:39 am
You are such a pillar of strength for every one else let me be the voice of encouragement for you, you may not be where you want to be, but where you are going will be spectacular. So happy weight loss to you! 230 MOVE!!!!!!!!!
Happy966
on 11/2/11 3:09 am

You're too kind!  Than you so much for the encouragement.  I sure need it sometimes!!

kimbethin
on 11/1/11 7:55 am, edited 10/31/11 7:56 pm - CA
I've been feeling the same way. I had that "weight where I always freaked out a little and jumped off the diet" For me it was about 215. I just followed my program and went past it- but slowly! The same will happen for you, because you seem to know yourself and what you need to do. When you get to 229.8 I want to hear about it so we can all happy dance together! BTW Onderland is feeling very far away today. I had a carby weekend and was up a pound today. Back to the grindstone. More Water! More exercise! LOW carbs!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Happy966
on 11/2/11 3:10 am

Boy, from my perspective onederland looks right around the corner for you, Kim!  You are doing great.  Sometimes I forget we just have to keep doing this *everyday*.  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 8:04 am
Way to go! I think you are doing great, and have a realistic attitude that will serve you well. I think we all have those days and weeks where it is really hard, but if we keep on the path we will reach our goals and stay there!
Happy966
on 11/2/11 3:11 am

There's a lot to be said for persistence.  It's something I have, although some might call it stubborness!!

acbbrown
on 11/1/11 8:20 am - Granada Hills, CA
I finally took my own advice and put my freaking scale away. I am taking a two week break - I'm 6 days in and it's freeing!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Happy966
on 11/2/11 3:15 am

I'm afraid that's where this is leading, but I'm not quite ready to concede defeat.  People a lot smarter and more successful than me have told me for a long time to put the scale away, but I keep thinking that advice doesn't apply to *me.*  Let me know how it's working for you!  I've had the scales hidden before, but it makes me so nervous. 

Something to work on...

joeswife
on 11/1/11 10:12 am - CA
Aw Happy, I was just looking at your weight loss and was going to say Way to go Girlie! You are doing great! But for the mopey's I think it's the weather, I have been the same way all day. Just boompy and non energetic which is not normal for me. Also having food thoughts today, most days are fine, but this has been a head hunger day. So far, I have no intention of giving in. I say so far, because I have faith in the sleeve but not me as yet. I want to be so successful at this. I know what you mean about getting to a certain point and then well you know...it happens. But I am confident you will continue to be successful, stay focused, the scale unfortunately is a thing that plays with our minds. Put it away for a bit. I made a promise to myself when I started this journey, no obsessing over the scale. I weigh once a week, same time, same day. It helps keep things real for me.

Hang in there you really are doing terrific!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics