Exercise post op

bookishfred
on 10/1/11 10:25 pm - Hoppers Crossing, Australia
I have a major problem with my ankles and cannot walk for very long since the last cortisone injection wore off. I have noticed that everyone is told to sip, walk, rest, repeat and am a bit worried about the walk part of it. Is everything else hurting to much to have the feet bother you? Is the walking supposed to be short walks so you dont get all tensed up? Sooo many questions I want to ask......

ms_dar
on 10/1/11 10:38 pm - Canada
Short walks to keep circulation moving.  Basically just getting up and moving rather than sitting(or laying) around allowing clots to form.  Good luck with your surgery. You will be LOVIN your sleeve before you know it.

bookishfred
on 10/1/11 11:00 pm - Hoppers Crossing, Australia
 I hope so. My insurance company has been great and said that the surgery is fully covered by them....but all the surgeons want more than the standard fees here (Australia) so even then I will be out of pocket about $5000. :(
Maybe I should go to Thailand or Malaysia for surgery...might end up costing less LOL
Any aussies out there know of a surgeon that leaves you with no gap to pay???

Fatgirl_Interrupted
on 10/2/11 2:00 am - CA
I wonder if you could benefit from a stationary bike? That way your weight is supported and off your ankles? Maybe even one where the arms move? Good luck!
acbbrown
on 10/2/11 7:06 am - Granada Hills, CA
For the first week after surgery, I am very guilty of not walking as much as I should have. I sat in my recliner for way longer than I should have, but I got horrible painful leg cramps whenever I tried to walk, even a couple of feet, so I didn't walk much - maybe once an hour or every other hour for a few minutes. I did move my legs around while I was sitting though so maybe that helped. Try and walk as much as you can though - it really is necessary.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics