Tummy Tuck vs C-section pain?

Jackie00
on 8/18/11 5:41 am
Just wondering if the pain of the tummy tuck is similiar to the c-section pain?  I know that they say it is easier for healing when you are skinny but I can only imagine that the incision site is bigger then a c-section so wondering if the pain is worse.  I have had c-sections and they were not pleasant and know after a few  years I will need a TT because I could use one now but will wait and get it all off when I am able to.
Still Fawn
on 8/18/11 7:14 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I had two c-sections, one emergency and one planned. Although the TT incision is bigger than thec-section scars (which were removed in my TT), the recovery has been easier. I have had very little pain from day one of my TT (I am at three weeks), just general discomfort from the garment and the swelling. Everyone seems to experience the TT differently though, just like c-sections. For me, I am basically back to normal.. Went hiking for miles in the forrest yesterday and back to school shopping for 6 hours with my girls the day before that..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

SassyItalian
on 8/18/11 7:39 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Fawn, thanks for sharing that experience..Jenn said her pain was pretty bad the first few weeks and I know everyone's pain is different..

I called one of my plastic surgeon's patients to get her experience as I have a TT and breast lift planned.. She was 24, had lost 100lbs, and never had kids (kinda closer to my stats)..  She said her pain wasnt too bad..

So the range of answers is different..I have had a C-secton incision for another surgery so I am hoping I can handle it, plus my doc gves oxycontin and vicodin..

Sigh...

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Still Fawn
on 8/18/11 7:47 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I think that was the smartest thing you could do. There seems to be different techniques that diffferent surgeons use on TTs that have varied swelling and pain results, in addition to personalized pain threshholds, etc. Asking patients from your doc about their experience is the most insight you will get- that and how you have handled past surgeries. I am sure you will do great. Funny thing about post op pain is that you can mostly sleep or drug induced haze your way through it and the memory of it fades fast! Lol

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Jackie00
on 8/18/11 9:31 am
Well I know they had me up and walking within 5 hrs after my last c-section I thought they were crazy.  Anyways they removed the catheter so I had no choice but to get up.  I was drinking so much water too and could barely hold myself trying to get up out of bed.  I imagine I won't be able to look at TT for a couple of years yet, still waiting on the VSG but soon ;)  I just know I was so sore and infection at the incision site with my c-sections so I guess if I can handle that I can handle anything but I had a year off after my last c-section so I had the time to recover.
Most Active
Recent Topics