Crazy scales 1 wk out!

kaydemo
on 8/8/11 11:50 am - TX
I can't help but feel slightly frustrated.  My surgery was a week ago today, and after a few complications, I came home late Thursday.  When I got home, I weighed 15lbs MORE than I did the morning of surgery!  Granted, I've lost 22lbs since Thursday, which leaves me a true loss of 7lbs.  7lbs?!  Seriously? I'm not my usual positive self at the moment.  I'm feeling hungry at times, which is nothing more than me missing actually eating food, and I have two weeks to go before I can do that.  But I will choose to look on the bright side:  I've lost 7lbs in a week!  It's all about perspective, I suppose!  I'm feeling a little puny, but I know it gets better every day! I'm hoping to make it back to the gym this week just to walk.  I'm sure that'll help my outlook tons!  Thanks for letting me whine!  Really.....it's ALL GOOD!! 
Ms. Poker Face
on 8/8/11 11:58 am
Sweetie, stay off the scale!!  Seriously!  It's too early to worry about losses... just focus on healing!

That being said, most of us gained double digits during surgery from all the fluids and gas they pump in you.  I weighed exactly 10 pounds less before surgery than I did right after.  And then they kept pumping me full of fluids for my two days in the hospital.  It's very normal.

Deep breath!  Relax... all is well.  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

kaydemo
on 8/8/11 12:06 pm - TX
Hahaa!!  You're SO right!  Before I went to the hospital, I had several people say NOT to weigh, so I walked by the scales in the hall resisted!  But I was so curious when I got home, I weighed!  I knew I shouldn't have!  Breathing deeply........MUCH BETTER!  Thanks for the words of encouragement!
TammyBell
on 8/8/11 12:17 pm - Huffman, TX
I feel the exact way my surgery was last sat.  and I have not lost anything... 
Thanks for your post... I wil to try and be positive but is sooo hard.. Good Luck and hopfully we will see the scale move soon....

Tammy

kaydemo
on 8/8/11 1:31 pm - TX
Here's to us BOTH doing what we are supposed to do, in the hopes that at some point, it WILL make a difference on the scales!  Best wishes, Tammy!  We can DO this!
Steph4575
on 8/8/11 2:00 pm - TX
Just remember they pump you with saline...basically sal****er.  Your body is holding onto all of tha****er.  Make sure you are getting in your fluids, and next week, you'll probably be shocked at the weight loss.  But girl, 7 lbs in a week is nothing to balk at!  Most people are lucky to lose 1-2 lbs a week after a bit.  (I know the non-eating makes it discouraging though).  Good luck!!

Most Active