How to get in protein on the Clear Liquid Diet ???

Ranger123
on 7/26/15 2:14 pm

Protein is necessary to rebuild tissue. Most MD's take 1 nutrition course in their training and really know very little. Ask a degreed dietician that is fit and trains regularly and you at least have a 50-50 chance of getting a correct answer. I worked with a dietician in an eating disorder program ( I am a psychologist ) and she knew about 10 times more than the MD that worked with us and he was no slouch. Good luck

tripmom02
on 8/5/11 7:48 am - NJ
I use Cytomax PROtein Pure Performance drinks,20 FL ozs per bottle and 40 grams of protine. My doc counts these towards my goal of 64 ozs of liquid, so in 40 ozs I get all the protine I need for the day. I round out the rest of my liquids with water, broth and blueberry tea. 

http://www.amazon.com/CytoSport-Cytomax-Performance-Drink-Wa termelon/dp/B002DUD7D2

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

jpmoore36
on 8/5/11 9:17 am
ISOPURE drinks from GNC or the internet.

Sunny702
on 8/5/11 10:08 am - Las Vegas, NV
I stand corrected ... I only have to do clear liquids the last 3 days. WOOOHOOOOOO lol I purchased a Whey protein mix (chocolate/peanut butter flavor) at Walmart yesterday. I just made it with skim milk & ice mixed it up in the blender. I have to say ... it might have been the BEST THING I'VE EVER HAD. Okay .... that could be the hunger talking but ... it was goooooood!!! LOL
debgwoody
on 8/5/11 10:24 am
I'm still adding Beneprotien to most of my drinks. Good Luck!!

Life isn't about the breaths we take but the moment's that take our breath away!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics