STILL IN THE HOSPITAL!!!

LittleItaly
on 8/4/11 1:16 am - TN
I haven't been sleeved yet scheduled for the 30. But my physician prepared me to be in the hospital for 3 days following they've procedure. The upside to this is that you are still there eventhough you expected to be out. You didn't have to return which would have created a new set of physiological challenges. This will pass, patience is often our biggest challenge view this as a bump in the road to your journey of fitting into those skinny jeans. Goodluck
kaydemo
on 8/4/11 1:25 am - TX
Thanks for the encouragment! I guess I hadn't been looking at it the right way! It is true that if I had gone home, I would have had to have an ER trip because I would be terribly dehydrated! At least here, I'm on a constant IV drip that keeps me hydrated. And the nurse just came in and said that they'll take the tube out at noon and give me a meal and see how I tolerate it! That's a very specific answer to prayer! Thank you guys so much!
Nurse_Audrey
on 8/4/11 1:32 am - Houston, TX
awesome keep your head up the swelling will go down!!! Youll be out before you know it!!!
anninva
on 8/4/11 1:33 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
sending good thoughts and ((((((((hugs))))))).  hope the experiment with keeping things down goes well.  glad everyone could remind you of what a good thing it is to still be in the hosp (yuck!).

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

momsy55
on 8/4/11 1:44 am - ME
Keeping my fingers crossed that the noon meal stays down!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

ready2sleeve
on 8/4/11 1:48 am - CA
Hey Kaydemo,

My prayers are with you, hang in there. I was in the hosiptal for over a month after my sleeve I couldn't keep anything down and had a lot of swelling, had a feeding tube and all. It will get better, you made a decision to better yourself and I promise it will get better. It's not the best situation right now but its better that you are in the hospital getting around the clock care for now. This too shall pass just rest and think positive the swelling will go down and you will be back to yourself.
carrierae
on 8/4/11 1:56 am - WA
I say dont get discouraged! The surgery is done. It is a part of you now. Discouraged will do nothing for you! Put out positive vibes and good things will come back. Sure you are having a little hiccup right now but it will go away.
The_Chungs
on 8/4/11 2:44 am
Everyone has had great responses, so I'm just echoing their words.  My doc automatically keeps his patients for three days as a precaution, so don't stress about being in the hospital longer tham you expected.   This is a bump on the road and it will pass nd then you'll be rockin your sleeve!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Faye56
on 8/4/11 3:24 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
I am so sorry that you are having to go though these complications! I am praying for you to recover quickly and have no more issues. I pray that you get to go home soon also. But...like the others said, it is so good that they caught this while you are still there. Please keep us informed of how you are. Big (((HUGS))) to you! Thoughts and prayers for you.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

MenagerieNik
on 8/4/11 4:27 am
 That completely sucks. I had a lot of swelling too but was able to get a trickle through so I went home. I hope you are able to go home soon. You are in my thoughts!

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
Most Active