Protein for Lactose Intolerant Peeps?

Could_It_Be
on 7/25/11 6:42 am
Well, we've pretty much ruled everything else out, and I'm fairly certain that this lactose intolerence is sensitive enough that the protein shakes are making me sick as well.

Any ideas on protein shakes that don't have lactose that are tolerable?

Thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
Faye56
on 7/25/11 6:51 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
I am drinking the EAS Lite ready made shakes. I am lactose intolerent and I have no problems with it. Could not find anywhere on the packaging that said lactose free but my nut told me it was. Good luck and hope you feel better soon. Oh...the taste is not bad. Very think so you might want to add some Lactose free milk.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Could_It_Be
on 7/25/11 7:01 am
Thanks Faye,

I actually have tried the EAS light and they make me SO SICK . I have the strawberry flavor but it does have lactose. I have also been doing the EAS powder with water but alas, I think it's also causing me problems.

Am going to see the doc tomorrow and will discuss this as well as getting on a PPI. I've been taking 2-3 Pepcid Completes a day just to keep the acid to a minimum boil

Thanks though!

VSG on 6/22/11
cindibarre
on 7/25/11 7:23 am - Danforth, ME
I have found some Jay Robb protein shakes based on egg.  Ordered online from jayrobb.com.  Also found Rice protein shakes at the health food store.  My nut recommended Soy Milk and Lactaid to mix with Carnation Instant Breakfast.

I'm preop on the liquid diet and struggling with gas pain from the lactose intolerence!  Living on Gas X and cutting way back on the whey protein drinks. 

Good Luck.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Nicole S.
on 7/25/11 7:35 am - Vallejo, CA
I use Body Fortress Protein powder (found at walmart or online) no lactose that I could find, and mix it with Almond milk.  Might be worth looking into.  And pretty yummy to boot
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 7:43 am
Muscle Milk and/or Muscle Milk light are lactose free if I'm not mistaken.

You won't be jumping for joy when you drink 'em by any means, but if they're refrigerated or frozen just enough to get tiny ice flakes that helps a lot with the taste.
HeatherLynn21
on 7/25/11 8:33 am - NV
Wow... Now it makes sense to me...  I am Lactose Intolerant as well and I was wondering why after I drink my shakes I had to use the restroom (LIKE RIGHT THEN!!).  I never thought of checking the lactose in it!

However... I am on a powder (GNC Brand).  Maybe you can google it, or even call your NUT to ask his/her advice.

Could_It_Be
on 7/25/11 9:17 am
Thanks everyone, gonna check into these :)

VSG on 6/22/11
Hislady
on 7/25/11 9:37 am - Vancouver, WA
Have you tried Lactaid chewable tablets? Have a nice vanilla flavor. They provide the missing enzyme so you can eat the lactose without any problems. I use it all the time to be able to eat cheese or drink milk products. Works wonders for me. You can find them at the grocery store near the gas-x and digestive products. Hope they help you.
amkent25
on 7/25/11 9:57 am - IN
there is a product you can get called beneprotien. not sure if you are familar with benefiber this is a fiber suppliment that is odorless and tastless. well beneprotein is the same. the only thing is I have only been able to find it online. you can mix it with ANY drink. you will never know it is in there. does not leave a gritty film behind or have any taste or odor
Most Active