How do you jazz up ricotta and cottage cheese?

Could_It_Be
on 7/9/11 12:36 pm, edited 7/9/11 12:37 am
I'm wanting either cottage cheese or some ricotta and I don't know how to jazz either of them up. Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

VSG on 6/22/11
Valerie S.
on 7/9/11 12:42 pm - CA
Well I personally like tapatio(hot sauce) on my cottage cheese and of course there's always fruit. I don't know if you know eggfaces website but she has several ricotta cheese recipes that she uses those toriani sugar free syrups with.

injeneral
on 7/9/11 12:44 pm
I like salt and pepper and diced tomatoes on my cottage cheese (hate fruit - blech!!)
My bff had a brilliant idea to blend cottage cheese (2 cups) with a packet of ranch dressing mix instead of using mayo and milk. It's delicious and way better for you!! And you can use it as a dip for veggies or put it on top of salads. Endless possibilities. :) 

I'm not a big fan of the ricotta desserts like on the south beach diet; maybe someone else will have some good suggestions for that one! (I'd mix in a little marinara, some fresh chopped basil and pour it over pieces of cooked chicken!)
Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 7/9/11 2:06 pm
I love that ranch dressing idea!  Thanks for sharing that.  It sounds great.  And, a lot better for me than the "real" ranch stuff.

I got my sleeve on March 14, 2011.  I love it so far!

Happy Girl
on 7/9/11 12:56 pm - CA
Cottage cheese I like to put imitation bacon bits in. They have some more protein and it tastes delicious! Someone sent out a recipe for a noodelless lasagna type thing which is also delicious...ricotta, tomato sauce and some parm cheese nuked for a few seconds, yum!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

TrinaBeeIsMe
on 7/9/11 1:05 pm - NV
VSG on 03/14/12
I add a table spoon of sugar free preserves or jelly it  only adds 5 calories it taste like the Knudsen's cottage cheese that has the fruit on the side and you mix it together. Another one I like is to add Pace picante salsa to it don't know the calories on that one. I'm not sure if salsa is something you can eat to early out of surgery. Just try something you already like and mix it in. Cottage cheese is pretty cheap so if you mess it up just throw it out and try a new recipe. I haven't tried to many recipes with ricotta but everyone raves over egg faces ricotta cheese bake. I just remembered one ricotta cheese recipe I did try it was pizza soup. I got it from someone on OH so put it in the search box see what you get. Good Luck!
TrinaBee                        
Carly ~
on 7/9/11 1:17 pm
 Salsa or spaghetti sauce with parmesan : )

Could_It_Be
on 7/9/11 1:26 pm
Thanks y'all!
anewsweetjessa
on 7/9/11 1:26 pm - IA
I love eggs and hot sauce w cottage cheese YUMMy want it now thanks
Angela.62
on 7/9/11 1:33 pm
I'm only 4 days out of surgery, so I'm still on fluids for a while, but the minute I can have ricotta I'm making Shelly's Baked Ricotta .. scroll down this page!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

SW 253 Surgery Date July 5th, 2011
Most Active