No more Medical Problems Please!!!! (VENT somewhat long)

Keydi B.
on 7/1/11 6:43 am - Elmwood Park, NJ
I was sleeved on Jan 24th and have lost 64lbs.   Last week I had a bad vomiting episode (leftover ovenfry chicken) .    The next day I had pains at the bottom of my stomach and continued to have the pain. Thanks to OH members suggestions I called my surgeons office.   Even though I left a message for a surgeon to call me, the NP did return my call. She told me it was not a big deal and that the pain worrisome and to talk to my GI. At the end of the call with her, I asked to have the on-call physician call me since I wanted someone who knew more about sleeves to give me advice plus I haven’t gotten the vibe that I would trust her. The assistant surgeon who just happened to be in the office doing paperwork called me back. He told me that It most likely was gastritis and that I should start Carafate again.   He also told me that if it doesn’t get better to have my GI doc do a scope earlier than originally planned.  
Then my pains start to hurt other places on my abdomen which tells me my IBS is rearing its ugly head!   NOT FUN! 

Prior to this my ring finger & pinky have been getting numb for about 4 months month now. I went to get it checked out and it turns out to be Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. In case you are not familiar it is like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that occurs on the Medial nerve (inner side of arm) mine involves the Ulnar nerve (outer side of arm ) which is getting pinched when I bend my elbow. Which turns out to be an occupational injury and also from long drives.   I figured the sooner the better for getting my nerve sensation back since I am already lacking sensation due to the hereditary stuff on my palms of my hands & soles of my feet. Nerves tend to heal better when they aren't damaged that much. So Surgery is scheduled for Thursday 7/7. 
Have a Nice Day/Night! 
Keydi

roundater
on 7/1/11 6:56 am - Lincoln, NE
Wow! sounds like you hve a lot on your plate. Prayers for you and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

Zee Starrlite
on 7/1/11 7:04 am

Feel better Keydi!  And this too shall pass

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics