My husband..

Kristy R.
on 6/21/11 2:04 am - Santa Clara, CA
Has started some dialogue with me in regards to having WLS himself.  I am glad he is even thinking about it.  I have felt a smidge bad (but just a smidge LOL) because he has more health issues that I do, and he could really benefit more from WLS than I did.   However, nothing was preventing him, we all have to make our own choice - it's just a teeny voice in my head that likes to think on all of the things he would benefit from.  I would NEVER try to push him.  I have simply tried to set a good example and not complain - which was pretty easy since my surgery and recovery were almost flawless - everything went very well.  He is MO, has type 2 diabetes, high BP and high cholestrol.  Not to mention surgery on his spine a few years ago.  He tries to lose weight, but like many of us he struggles and gives up.  One of the things I had hoped for in having this surgery, in addition to hopes for myself, was that I would be able to have an impact on him. 
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Lalamonkey
on 6/21/11 2:09 am - GA
That is love in my book!!! 
tiffanyyy1390
on 6/21/11 2:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
How exciting!! I am in the same boat as you are! My boyfriend has far more health problems than I, and now that I've had surgery, he's mentioned a few times about surgery for himself or even just becoming healthier! It's a wonderful feeling!! I too was hoping that I would be able to impact him during this lifestyle change!! Yippee for us!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 2:31 am
That's fantastic! I hope if it's the right time for him that everything goes as well as it did for you. I'd imagine having both partners sleeved would even make it easier on the household stuff like cooking, eating out & what not..

I know I'm lucky that mine isn't a food-centric (read obsessed) person like I was, he'll eat whatever just to make the hungries go away.. and has no issue that I don't generally cook any carbs anymore. Heck, he doesn't care if I don't cook- he'll scrounge up something for himself more often or not.. I finally feel like we're matched better in that regard since I got my stomach reduced.. weird huh?
diane S.
on 6/21/11 3:04 am
I have this issue too and am hoping my husband will come around. But he has got to decide he is ready to let go of food and thats not within my control.   I did talk frankly to my older brother about this and my experience because he didn't know about the sleeve or the possibilities and lives far away so didn't see my transformation. He got interested and took it from there and was sleeved 10 days ago and is doing well. I hope he will have some influence on my hubbby. Meanwhile I try to cook healthy for him as I do for myself but I can't stop him from going out and buying chips and such that I never buy.    Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Kristy R.
on 6/21/11 3:09 am - Santa Clara, CA
On June 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM Pacific Time, diane S. wrote:
I have this issue too and am hoping my husband will come around. But he has got to decide he is ready to let go of food and thats not within my control.   I did talk frankly to my older brother about this and my experience because he didn't know about the sleeve or the possibilities and lives far away so didn't see my transformation. He got interested and took it from there and was sleeved 10 days ago and is doing well. I hope he will have some influence on my hubbby. Meanwhile I try to cook healthy for him as I do for myself but I can't stop him from going out and buying chips and such that I never buy.    Diane
 That is wonderful about your brother!  How great that you were able to pass on your experience to him and he made that choice!  That makes me happy to read!  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

The_Chungs
on 6/21/11 3:19 am
I'm so happy that the wheels are turning in your hubby's head about VSG!  You're doing the right thing by leading by example and letting him make up his own mind.  You are a great spouse!

My hubby and I are going through this process together.  We're waiting on insurance approval (keep your fingers crossed for us) and then a surgery date for me next month and then his turn in September.  I'm really really grateful that he's come to this decision on his own and is enthusiastic about it.  Planning meals and just life after VSG will be so much easier with both of us on the same page.  I'm sure you're husband will see your example and want to be a sleever, too!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Most Active
Recent Topics