I'm doing shots!!!

evilelf
on 6/4/11 2:33 am
Protein shots that is, they are nasty as hell but I can down that better than shakes. Anybody else just doing shots instead of shakes?

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

sleeve genie
on 6/4/11 3:14 am - Alhambra, CA
I have never done them but i have read several times that the protein in them is not as good as the protein shakes,  something about what they are made of.   Has your nutritionist told you these are OK?   i would ask if i were you .   Good luck,  hopefully soon you will start getting most of your protien from lean food sources   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

onehappygirl
on 6/4/11 3:28 am
I went out and bought a bunch of them and then last week opened every one of them and threw them down the sink.  Unfortunately they are made out of boiled cowhide--collagen and disgusting forms of  "protein."  They fail on the digestible protein scale badly, in comparison to good protein like whey.  Thank goodness I had OH to come to and read the real research people had done about the shots.  I was very disappointed, as I thought I had found the answer, but everyone said they probably only give you half the protein they claim, if even that.  And the boiled cowhide image really nauseated me.  Sorry, but I feel they are not worth the money.  One must stick with good protein and that is whey and soy and no "collagen" in the ingredient list. 
evilelf
on 6/4/11 3:41 am
Dammit thought I had found the loop hole, I hate protein shakes and can't seem to eat that much protein on my own.
@ Jenni, I don't have a nut. Just you guys.

Jennifer S.
on 6/4/11 4:03 am - CA
 I heard GNC has jello cups with protien in them
 Jennifer    
cindibarre
on 6/4/11 4:19 am - Danforth, ME
Evilelf-

Have you tried the Syntrax Nectar protein drinks.  They mix easily with water and come in fruit flavors.  You can get a sample package of the various flavors from netrition.com.  I ordered mine and they arrived three days later.  I also got samples of unjury protein shakes from my nutritionist.  Again you have to order online but I use the unflavored to mix with soups and puddings to boost the protein level.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Ladydivigirl
on 6/4/11 1:57 pm

I found a weight loss shot by Body Choice at Costco. I asked my Nut if it was okay to drink as a source of protein....and after reading the label she said yes, all the ingredients looked acceptable for bariatric patients...I even gave it to her so that she can drink it. She liked the taste...try them...Costco...case of 12 tubes and delicous....

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
evilelf
on 6/7/11 1:27 pm
Thanks Lady, will head out to Costco

Most Active
Recent Topics