Sleve-1, GoldFish-0

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 5/19/11 1:07 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
My Dad is elderly and I do all his shopping.  I bought him some gold fish crackers, pizza flavored that he didn't like so he told me to take them home.  I knew I didn't need to have them in the house but couldn't make myself throw them away.

During my 20 min drive home, those goldfish whispered to me.  "Try us, you'll like us"..."You haven't had but 10 carbs today, we can help"......"you miss pizza and we are pizza flavored"......"you never cheat, so do it this one time"..... "you are almost 6 weeks out and haven't had bread or crackers or anything like that.  It's time"......etc.

Well, I must say, they got to me.  I just had to try them.  I opened them up, took out 6 goldfish and scarfed them down (I really have to work on eating slower).  I guess I ate them fast before I changed my mind.  I was disappointed.  They weren't that good.

Even though I was weak, my sleeve did it's thing.  Six gobbled goldfish and I felt like I had a concrete block in my belly.  They definitely weren't worth it.  Now they are sitting on the pantry shelf and I can smugly walk past them.  I dutifully added my descretion into myfitnesspal and my daily count wasn't too far off.  But the lesson learned was priceless.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Kristy R.
on 5/19/11 1:18 am - Santa Clara, CA
 LOL - I could not even IMAGINE what this post was about when I read the subject.  Let's say I wasn't thinking about the crackers, haha!  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Jenijeni
on 5/19/11 1:19 am
Yay sleeve! I had a similar experience with a corn tortilla taco... Lol!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

cindibarre
on 5/19/11 1:42 am - Danforth, ME
Millers Daughter-

Great post about food calling to you.  I haven't had my surgery yet but I'm practicing with the protein drinks, chewing, etc...  Know exactly how you feel with the food talking to you.  Had a moment the other day where I craved potato chips.  Bought some of course but after sampling on the way home I crumbled them up and put them in the garbage.  Taste was not there and it's not worth it.

I sympathize with missing pizza but saw a post that may handle that.  Someone posted a mushie recipe.  It was ricotta cheese, spaghetti sauce, garlic, parmeasan cheese.  Nuke it and enjoy.  Thought I'd try it so I've purchased the ingredients.

Good luck on your journey!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Eileen36
on 5/19/11 2:44 am - PA
I knew exactly what your post was about when I saw the subject line. At our last support group meeting, one of the surgeons said that the biggest snacking culprit he finds with WLS patients (probably most people) is pretzels and goldfish crackers.

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
VioletKate
on 5/19/11 6:24 am
Man I hate those talking fish!!!
VioletKate    
Most Active
Recent Topics