ER Visit

evilelf
on 5/12/11 1:18 am
Ok after *****ing for the last couple of days, went to dr yesterday and she sent me to the ER. Spent 6 hrs there, for nothing. They proded and poked, made me drink that nasty **** and gave me a xray and ct scan. Found nothing, I am still soooo nauseated. (i had to just stop typing and run to the bathroom).  I am almost a month out and was doing fine up until a couple of days ago. The surgeon gave me some pills, but they don't really seem to help. I am so lost and confused. Has anybody else gone through this, if so what is "this" and how can I make it stop. Thanks

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

AniO
on 5/12/11 1:22 am
Your doctor would be the one to answer this question. I think it's maybe just your body catching up to everything that it's going through. Did they do a swallow test to rule out a leak?

I hope you are better ASAP. Please keep us posted.

AniO

emelar
on 5/12/11 1:27 am - TX
If the hospital and your doc ruled out anything physically wrong (a leak or stricture), then I'd bug the doc about getting better, stronger anti-nausea meds until you hit something that works.  Once your system's upset, it takes awhile to get it back in balance - but that doesn't mean you should suffer in the meantime.
justwillow
on 5/12/11 1:35 am - OR
I am so sorry you are sick, I have not had my surgery yet so unfortunately I have no advice but I was wondering if maybe your being sick has nothing to do with the surgery but maybe you have just picked up a flu bug ?????   I don't know just a thought, I hope you get to feeling better soon

Carmelita
on 5/12/11 2:52 am - Four Corners, NM
You were sent to the ER because you are nauseated?  I don't follow...why did YOUR doc send you to the ER? what was yer discharging diagnosis from the ER? 
you know WAY more than any of us...
Thousands of us have gone to the ER...after surgery...ME TOO

Mostly dehydration related
gallbladder
leaks and strictures
clots

the 4 top ones I can think of anyway.

Dehydration takes a while to mess with us. You could be gettin a bug (bad one)? Ya take complete probiotics after surgery?  Maybe ya recently changed yer dietary phase... back up yer dietary stage...to the previous stage and hang out a while longer. keep suckin on them pedilyte popscicles will help w/. dehydration, nausea
Take a PPI if ya got acid issues...if takin a PPI....... no coffee ,  even decaffeinated...stick with teas n water, no carbonated anything...limit red meat n pork esp....stay with lean poulty, fish, beans

I dunno if this is somethin more serious...but not by what you describe...

But I hear ya on ERs ....all that waitin and waitin and waitin...annoys me too!

SassyItalian
on 5/12/11 2:54 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Just wanted to tell you I have seen just a few people who suffered nausea for a few months post op- makesure you get an antinausea med (they have rapid dissolve tabs too) that works. if the one you were given isnt working ask for something different. you can also try some steeped ginger in ho****er or ginger tea- it has a natural anti-nausea effect.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Mr Mom
on 5/12/11 3:45 am
I won't try and armchair diagnose you. I'll just say that I hope you get past this and feel better very soon ...Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

mickidee23
on 5/12/11 3:50 am
perhaps it's just a bug
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

evilelf
on 5/12/11 6:27 am
Thanks everyone, I went to urgent care (my dr was out). I have been nauseated and my stomach had been hurting for almost a week. That's why they sent me to the er.  They did a ct scan and said the stomach looked fine. Is a leak test different? I see my own dr tomorrow so I will get some different meds. Thanks

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Most Active
Recent Topics