the time has almost come....scared

Nurse_Audrey
on 5/7/11 1:09 am - Houston, TX
I will be sleeved in 4 days..... I'm just so nervous now. I have been on my preop diet and have not cheated and I have lost 10 pounds already but the scale hasn't moved for 3 days.I know I shouldn't keep watching the scale like this but its hard not to. I just have so many fears.  I'm afraid that I could have this done and that I wont lose any more weight or that they will take this piece of me away and one day I will find out I need it or that it was not a good thing to do. I'm also afraid to let not only myself down but everyone else who has been backing me. So many fears and possibilities but I keep trying to just stay positive. Any help or encouragement anyone can offer would be great. Thanks!

renee_isms
on 5/7/11 1:16 am - Las Vegas, NV
Don't worry about what anyone else thinks or letting them down and don'****ch the scale.  You're going to BE HEALTHY and that's the most important thing.  You're getting a tool that you can use now and fall back on anytime you need to, it's always there in your toolbox just reach in and grab it.  You can do this! 
XOXO
I owe my journey to the sister that adopted me and started a donation site for me, Asia Carrera!  Follow my journey at http://www.skinnyrenee.com  Thank you Asia for caring enough about me to help, Love you!

kalimamasmom
on 5/7/11 1:47 am
I had my sleeve on 4/25.  I was a nervous wreck!  The hospital understands...they were kind enough to hook me up with some happy pills when I got there so I didn't have a full blown panic attack and things are going just fine.
Yes, so many changes coming, it's understandable being nervous.  I just kept thinking that I need to be alive for my children, and that did help, too.
I also decided not to weigh myself for a while.  I am just weighing in when I go to my dietician or Dr. about every 2 weeks.  I just didn't want to stress about it.  I know it will come off!  Plus, I like seeing the big numbers!
Be kind to yourself and roll with the punches!
Jen

emelar
on 5/7/11 1:53 am - TX
Nerves are normal.  It's a big step and it's life-changing.  But it'll all be okay.

You won't ever need the removed stomach.  People live quite normal lifes with FULL gastrectomies - total removal of the stomach.  The docs make a small stomach out of part of the small intestines.  PARTIAL gastrectomies, like the VSG, have been done for decades as a cure for ulcers and stomach cancer.  Again, no horrible side effects.  Just take care of yourself and your new tummy, and you'll be fine.

Believe it or not, the surgery is the easy part of this process.  It's terrifying, but easy.  All you have to do is get yourself to the hospital and let your medical team do their job.  If your nerves are bad, ask for some happy drugs.

Best of luck on your surgery.  We'll hold a place for you on the loser's bench.
sldierswife
on 5/7/11 2:43 am
My surgery is Tuesday I too am freaking out lol however I am also excited! we are gonna be so happy after this is over! try n stay busy thats what I am doing. You should see how clean my house is right now

Melissa
 HW 298 SW 281

cmgg1972
on 5/7/11 2:46 am
Audrey:

My surgery is may 11.  i am scared out of my mind.  I have been on the liquid diet since April 25 and unlike you I have cheated.  I felt horrible about it, but my therapist made me feel better.  I am an emotional eater and I am afraid that this surgery will be for nothing.  I fear that I will have lost weight but will look a flabby mess.  I am so afraid that I will not be able to conquer this.

The one thing I offer is acknowledgment of how you are feeling.  You are not alone.  Oh, I can offer a cyber hug and a prayer that we will both come out on the other side of this looking better, feeling better and conquering those things that have contributed to our unhealthy weight.  

Christine
Mandi E.
on 5/7/11 3:01 am - Kissimmee, FL
You all will be fine. I had a huge panic attack the night before. Now I'm 9 days out and have lost 21.2lbs and am loving it! My fat is litterally melting before my eyes!! It's a new beginning! The firest 3 days are the hardest. Just get through them and sip sip sip!! Walk Walk Walk!! You will succeed!! I wouldn't go back for the life of me! And I'm only 9 days out!!! You can all do this!!! 
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BerniN
on 5/7/11 3:33 am, edited 5/7/11 3:33 am - TX
 My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Monday, May 9.  I am scared too. I have lost 14 pounds already thanks to this "wonderful" pre-surgery diet. I haven't cheated, but thankfully my dr. allows a lean cuisine dinner daily.  Today has been my hardest day but I am trying to keep busy to push through the urge to eat. We should keep in touch for sure! You are doing the right thing--as, I believe I am. Best of wishes to you Audrey!! Keep smiling! 
sldierswife
on 5/7/11 5:08 am
and yay tomorrow at NOON I have to switch to CLEAR liquids only...
then Im just gonna try to hurry through my day and look forward to my BOWEL prep monday! YAY! NOT!
I did find CHERRY flavored mag citrate tho! I wonder how it will taste

good luck to us ALL!

xxoxoxoxox

Melissa
 HW 298 SW 281

Most Active