Day 2 Post-Op Misery: HELP

brighterDayz
on 5/3/11 10:50 am
I could not eat ice chips or drink water without gagging week 1-2.  I did drink protein water. i still struggle to drink water without anything in it.  Try popsicles and frozen fruity shaved ice.  Those were easier.  So was diluted juice (Cranberry or grape because they aren't sweet).  

Good luck and hang in there.  The first week so far was the worst.  It gets better everyday.  You will feel tons better in a couple of more days.
HW/Starting: 327  SW: 302 (lost 25 lbs pre-op), GW: 158

Meg1Pat2
on 5/3/11 12:00 pm - TX
VSG on 04/12/11 with
Get started on a PPI and sublingual (MELTS UNDER THE TONGUE) Zofran.....thre are meds
that will help until your stomach swelling goes down AND recovers from shock...I did better with
warm sweet tea...hang in there ...It WILL get better

godsgrace4me
on 5/3/11 1:18 pm
 Thanks everyone. Went back to IV tonight (bummer), but just reading these ideas makes me feel better. I already get the trial and error thing. Glad I brought some powerade type powders to mix with water with me. Also packed a protein bullet, so will try that in some h20.  Ya'll ROCK. Thank you, thank you. 
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 5/4/11 12:43 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
So sorry you are having problems!!

I know Dr. A gives you the PPI IV so that should help.  Also, like a previous poster said, if you have the GasX strips, use them! 

I am an ice cruncher so I chomped ice then held it on my tongue until it melted before swallowing.  Some people don't  tolerate the cold but the cold stuff does help the swelling inside your new stomach.

Also ask if they can guve you something for nausea.  If though you may not feel sick at your stomach, the anti nausea meds will help relax your stomach muscles and help with the tightness.

Just keep trying!  It gets better and very important for you to get the fluids in!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Most Active