1st day back at work

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/2/11 10:29 am - CA
Well 7 days after being sleeved I went back to work. Felt so good a few days after surgery I thought I was ready then. The 45 min drive to work was not normal, then after only being at work 2 hrs I realized I was very discombobulated. I was unable to easily comprehend analytical stuff, I was slow calculating numbers on payroll, I did well enough with patients (I'm a s.a. family counselor/asst director) but it was technical stuff I normally know like the back of my hand that suddenly baffled me. After just 4 hrs I was worn out & slightly dizzy. My co-worker had to drive me to her house to lie down. Really quite surprised at 1st day back-I felt like a champ this morning & am so embarrassed how quickly I weakened.

Could_It_Be
on 5/2/11 10:47 am
Lady, cut yourself some slack! You just had major surgery and are probably eating a tiny number of calories, of COURSE your brain will not be perfect!

Maybe take it easy for couple more days and try again.

Good luck and don't be so hard on you!
SpankyVybez
on 5/2/11 1:53 pm - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 03/01/11 with
I dont know how people go back so quickly,  I took 2 months off.  I just returned last week.  I kept pushing my return date back.  it started out as one month because I was unable to focus as well.  I felt so weak sometimes I could not get out of bed.

Denial delays progress and resolution                
Most Active
Recent Topics