help plz. 2 days post op

sonyagettinghealthy
on 4/27/11 11:31 am - CA
Hi guys I had my sleeve done Mon & felt great. Up walking 90 min out of surgery. Leak test done yesterday morn, then released. Stayed in hotel overnight to rest up for 2 hr car ride home. I have adhered strictly to Dr's orders & felt so good I said earlier that I may even be able to go back to work tomorrow! Well since then I'm having like a catch in my left side-nothing unbearable but catches everytime I take a deep breathe. Also when I got on scale I've GAINED 7 lbs since my surgery 48 hrs ago! Haven't eaten in 5 days, nor am I hungry. How could this be? Also stomache may be a little distended but probably swelling huh? Anyone else have this odd little pain or weight gain right after surgery??
meemhull
on 4/27/11 11:35 am - St Augustine, FL
The pain is probably the ga****ting you. Walk walk walk. The weight gain is retained fluids from iv. You will lose it quick. Your doing great.
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
peachynptc
on 4/27/11 11:36 am - Fayetteville, GA
I am 2.5 weeks post op. I didn't have any of that. You may want to talk to your surgeon to be sure. The weight gain could be caused from the IV fluids, I know they pumped me full. Have you gone to the bathroom lately? Do you need Miralax to help? Or could be gas pains. I wouldn't guess talk to your surgeon!
Will be praying for you!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

catwalker
on 4/27/11 11:47 am - Buna, TX
The left side incision is the one they pull the stomach out of so it will be sore alot longer than the other sites. You may need to rest and take it just a little easier. Walk,sip,rest and repeat. The swelling is normal, the weight gain is normal for some, Monitor the smyptons but hopefully you'll feel better soon!
sleeve genie
on 4/27/11 11:49 am - Alhambra, CA
I gained 11 lbs from the IV fluids :o(  also had left side pain,  i figured it was from the gas,  it takes a good couple of weeks to feel pretty normal again.   You just had major surgery and your body is not real happy with you right now.  I think its completly normal,  but if you are worried,  always call your doctor.  It really will get better  just be real good to yurself this first month.  Congratulations sweetie,  you're on your way now to a healthier brighter future  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

tanieanie
on 4/27/11 11:57 am - WI
I had my surgery 1 wk ago and I came home weighing 8 lbs more than I went in.  lol   I too was shocked.   I lost it by day 3 and Im now down 9 lbs from my surgery weight.   It will come off plus more!

Carmelita
on 4/27/11 12:05 pm - Four Corners, NM
go back to work tomorrow?  Yer just comin outta residual anesthesia! ...maybe why yer startin to "feel" now.
but chronic pain "everytime" ya take a deep breathe doesn't sound right to me anyway.
bloating can also be gas. Carbon dioxide they fill us with at surgery, sometimes that asparatame (SF stuff)  can cause bloating. It also can be caused by other things ...so ask yer doc about it.
Watch for FEVER.
DEHYDRATION the #1 reason for an ER visit post op

But please like the others said.......CALL YER DOC first thing tomorrow
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 12:13 pm
 I had surgery on Monday and I have gained 4lbs since surgery.  I'm on a sugar free clear liquid diet and I put on 4 lbs. I know my blood sugar is low because I have been moody as hell.

But I'm not going to let it get to me. I know better things are ahead. 

I coughed today and it felt like something ripped. 

I'm bloated and moody and tired and at my wits end.

So you are not alone. 
didim62
on 4/27/11 8:48 pm - Kensington, CT
Been at the wits end phase..it does get better. Not that hearing that helps.  Do something nice for yourself!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
walmartian
on 4/27/11 12:15 pm
They put a lot of fluid in you through that IV, plus your body retains a lot when it's injured; didn't you notice how you didn't P very often in the hospital despite all that fluid input? This is one reason so many people lose 10 or 15 pounds the first week, and as much as 10 the second week, before the weight loss slows some.

Most Active
Recent Topics