3 weeks post-op I need fruit

Inikah J.
on 4/28/11 5:37 am - Houston, TX

Does anyone know of any fruit that I can puree other than bananas?  I tried cantaloupe this morning and it did not go to well.  It's 2:30 and I am still filling it.  I don't want to vomit but I just may have too!!!

Please help with the fruit.

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 5:44 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Have you tried natural applesauce or you can make your own. I also bought pears and peaches in their own juices and pureed those. I like those with cottage cheese. Sorry to hear about the cantelope. Oh, I had watermelon and it did great on my tummy.
Jennifer M.
on 4/28/11 5:58 am - Goodyear, AZ
 great ideas!!!!! thanks Jewel!
 ...a work in progress...    
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 6:03 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
No prob! I'm actually enjoying some peaches in my vanilla shake smoothie as I type!
Inikah J.
on 4/28/11 6:35 am - Houston, TX
I was thinking about adding fruit to my protien shakes and just making them smoothies.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 6:50 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I refuse to drink my shakes as anything else and have GOT to add fruit . Once I can begin having berries and such, it will be a no brainer!
KrisJ77
on 4/28/11 8:39 am - TX
Can you give me a recipe....I hate my shakes!!!  Thanks!!!  - Kris

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 9:09 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Sure, if you want to call it that . I use the vanilla shake dry mixes from both Target and CVS. I follow the instructions for the shakes and use skim milk vice water. I add ice, about an inch of banana or whatever type fruit you want, a packet of splenda (I like them sweet so this is optional), then throw into the magic bullet or blender. Pretty simple. It may be a bit foamy on top, so I use a straw. However, if you want a plethora of recipes, USAF Wife has a ton on her profile.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 6:26 am
 At that time frame I was able to handle watermelon, plums, and oranges...without puree'ing.  But I know we're all different.  
brighterDayz
on 4/28/11 6:33 am
I puree strawberries and pour them in through a sieve.  I also have eaten Dole  peaches in 100% juice (not raw) without a problem.

Good luck.
HW/Starting: 327  SW: 302 (lost 25 lbs pre-op), GW: 158

Most Active
Recent Topics