Had my 2 week post op

Kristy R.
on 4/12/11 3:51 am - Santa Clara, CA
2 week post op check up!   Everything looks good!  I can walk my dog, I can do 5 lb weights, I can do elliptical.  I can drink water as fast as I am comfortable with (it was a rate of 8oz/hr).  Incisions are mostly healed, I can take baths again.  I have to wait another week before I can eat pureed foods (boo!)  I am getting a medical bracelet that indicates I had the surgery and I that I can’t have a blind NG tube insertion and no NSAIDS.  I will also be getting a medical card that should allow me to purchase kids meals, pay kids prices at buffets, things like that.   Weight loss:   I was 240 6 weeks ago I was 225 before surgery I am 213 today   Goal:  150 pounds.  I already weigh less than I have in about 10 years, maybe longer.  I feel fantastic!  Thanks for all of the continued support on this forum.  You are all truly wonderful and motivating!  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Momof2Sweeties
on 4/12/11 3:54 am - NJ
That's awesome..congrats..sounds like you are doing very well..at 2 weeks post op I was just starting to feel like I could function and I was really missing water..still can't drink it as fast as I want but it's much better...keep up the great work

Shannon

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 3:55 am
Wow, what a great post op appointment!!  I have mine tomorrow and I hope I can get in the gym and hit the elliptical.  The Med alert bracelet sounds like a great idea too, never thought of that.  Now, the part about the medical card for kids' meals and prices?  How'd you manage that?  That's dope!  Excited for ya!!
Kristy R.
on 4/12/11 4:00 am - Santa Clara, CA
On April 12, 2011 at 10:55 AM Pacific Time, Yet2BFamous wrote:
Wow, what a great post op appointment!!  I have mine tomorrow and I hope I can get in the gym and hit the elliptical.  The Med alert bracelet sounds like a great idea too, never thought of that.  Now, the part about the medical card for kids' meals and prices?  How'd you manage that?  That's dope!  Excited for ya!!
  I actually read about both the bracelet and the card on here yesterday.  I went and ordered myself a bracelet (after confirming with my dr that he felt it was appropriate). The card your Dr will provide, at least some do.  It is a medical card that shows you had the surgery, and you should be able to use it at resturaunts to show you can't eat a full meal.  

Very nice bracelets here:

http://www.laurenshope.com/

(I still went with a red medical alert symbol on the tag, I wanted to make sure it will still obvious enough)

I engraved it with:

KRISTINE RAMOS BARIATRIC SURG 3/11 VERT. SLEEVE GASTREC NO BLIND NG TUBES NO NSAIDS

Kristy R.
on 4/12/11 4:01 am - Santa Clara, CA
On April 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time, Kristine R. wrote:
  I actually read about both the bracelet and the card on here yesterday.  I went and ordered myself a bracelet (after confirming with my dr that he felt it was appropriate). The card your Dr will provide, at least some do.  It is a medical card that shows you had the surgery, and you should be able to use it at resturaunts to show you can't eat a full meal.  

(I still went with a red medical alert symbol on the tag, I wanted to make sure it will still obvious enough)

I engraved it with:

KRISTINE RAMOS BARIATRIC SURG 3/11 VERT. SLEEVE GASTREC NO BLIND NG TUBES NO NSAIDS
 stoopid thing, the lines are like this:

KRISTINE RAMOS

BARIATRIC SURG 3/11

VERT. SLEEVE GASTREC

NO BLIND NG TUBES

NO NSAIDS

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 4:03 am

Thanks Kristy.  I will definitely ask at my appointment tomorrow and see what the doc suggests about the bracelet.  Hope you're having a great week.

Kristy R.
on 4/12/11 4:06 am - Santa Clara, CA
On April 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM Pacific Time, Yet2BFamous wrote:

Thanks Kristy.  I will definitely ask at my appointment tomorrow and see what the doc suggests about the bracelet.  Hope you're having a great week.

Make sure you update us!  I'm having a wonderful week, I hope you have a good one too!

Kristy R.
on 4/12/11 4:13 am - Santa Clara, CA
On April 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time, Kristine R. wrote:

I engraved it with:

BTW - my surgeon recommends staying away from the NSAIDS because of tummy irritation at least for a while yet,  so I have chosen to state that.  I know we can take them if needed.

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 4:00 am
  YAHOO!!! That's so GREAT to hear. I am so glad you had a good post op. I sure hope everything keeps going great for you- It's very inspiring to read posts like this and it gives me hope for my own experience.

YOU ROCK!!!!! 
KrisJ77
on 4/12/11 4:12 am - TX
YAY!!!  Hey - whats a blind NG tube?

Most Active
Recent Topics