7 days out, back to work today. Not weak or tired

Kristy R.
on 4/6/11 7:21 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I have never felt weak or tired since having my surgery.  Should I expect this to show up in the next week or two after my body figures out I just jacked it up?  I even woke up at 4:45 and don't have to be up until 6:30 - which I do quite often, to my disgust.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Linda B.
on 4/6/11 7:36 am - CA
Wow, I'm impressed. I am going back Monday...3 weeks out. I went back to the gym this week and am glad now, that I have the extra week. Monday night, after my UJAM class, I CRASHED. It was awesome tho. I know I need to build up my endurance, so I am glad I am doing an additional week at home while I adjust to my gym schedule. Let me know how it goes! Good luck!
Linda B
Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

Zee Starrlite
on 4/6/11 7:41 am
Well this is good to know!!!  I'm freaking out because I am trying to figure out how I will get time off from work if it is more than a week.  I keep reading weeks and weeks off.  I'm like how am I going to do this.

Embrace your energy.  What you have is right here in the moment.

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Kristy R.
on 4/6/11 7:44 am - Santa Clara, CA
 My company told me I can take more time if I need to.  I guess it's too soon to say if the first day is going to be a killer, so far I feel fine.  Even took a walk this afternoon.  I really felt the sooner I could get back to my regular schedule, the better off I would be, as long as I was able.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

MediumSoon
on 4/6/11 12:01 pm - TX
 I only took a week - felt great!  Overdid it a little my first day back, did fine day 2, then got to work day 3 and just didn't have it...  Had to go back home - BUT - completely fine since then!!

njmom5870
on 4/6/11 8:46 am
YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!!  That's awesome!!!  Everyone heals different and reacts different to surgery.  You sure are lucky!

Hope you continue to heal well and feel great!!!
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

koverturf
on 4/6/11 8:50 am - CA
I took 13 days off but I felt like I could have gone back to work 4 days after, I was on the go I even went to Disneyland last Thursday for the whole day. The hard thing was all the food smells, that is the hardest part for me to get out there. But we have to get used to it. Congrats on feeling great! I did and still do.

Ladydivigirl
on 4/6/11 12:27 pm
Everyone is different. I felt the same way. No pain or gas after surgery. My nurse at the hospital kept telling me to press the pain button, but I didn't need to. I even asked the surgical nurse if I had had the surgery when I woke up in recovery because I expected to be in a lot of pain, but it never happened. I kept thinking the same thing...maybe next week will be bad...but didn't happen. I went back to work after 7 days, too. I work with 7 and 8 year olds and I was on my feet most of the day. I felt fine...I just say Thank God for his grace and mercy.

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
PK130
on 4/6/11 12:40 pm - Dallas, TX
VSG on 03/01/11 with
I took a week and a half and really didn't feel great about going back. First and second days were brutal - sitting straight up at a desk for hours on end was miserable. Was mostly okay after those two days though - of course, I had the weekend to rest after that.
Lisa D.
on 4/6/11 1:56 pm - New Orleans, LA
Good for you!  I went back after a week and felt great.  I am 10 weeks out and have not had the other shoe drop.  Sometimes things just work out the way you want them to!   And PS don't get up so early--eww.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Recent Topics