Constipation

Libralin
on 3/26/11 12:31 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Ok...dont want to sound gross or anything...but are we getting enough fiber these first couple of weeks?    I havent really gone to the bathroom for a few days....Im going to increase the water and get my butt outside.....(better weather today).

I started refried beans last nite and mixed a little bit of caffeine with my decaf....I have never been constipated since I was pregnant!  I know I have to go.........but it AINT happenin!!!!!!!

Laxative?

Linda M. from Jersey

novascotiadawn
on 3/26/11 12:36 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I've done suppositories...Works faster and it doesn't have to go through your new sleeve. Are you still taking any pain meds? they will constipate you!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Libralin
on 3/26/11 12:42 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Nope...no pain meds..........Just about had morphine in the hospital!....Im going to be 21 days post op this monday....

Hoping increasing the water will help!

Thanks!

Linda B.
on 3/26/11 12:41 am - CA
COLACE daily. And yesterday is was Smooth Move Tea. Worked before the cup was gone.
Libralin
on 3/26/11 12:43 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Smooth Move Tea?....Ill have to go to the drugstore to see if they have it?...I might have some colace lying around here....hmm...

Thanks!

Linda B.
on 3/26/11 12:47 am - CA
I bought it yesterday. It's a little expensive, but much more gentle than just buying senna laxative. It is made from the sennoside leaves and I personally love the taste. It's caffeine free and I will always keep some on hand cuz constipation is my biggest fear. 
Linda B

Libralin
on 3/26/11 12:50 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Im going out today.....so I wouldnt want to try it till late tonite...I dont want to explode while Im out and about!!!!!   Hahah!

sleeve genie
on 3/26/11 1:04 am - Alhambra, CA
I take chewable fiber choice pills,  made from fruit,  tastes good they are like a treat to me.  eat a few at night,  go booboo every morning.   Not a lot because we don't eat a lot,  but we do need to go.   Hope you find something that works for you ;o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

May D.
on 3/26/11 1:02 am
 I've read here that some put spinach in the blender with in their protein shakes.  I had such  a bad problem that I called my nutritionist and asked if I could eat fruit and veg and she said only if it's pureed, so I started pureeing half an apple or pear into the blender for my protein shakes. I started eating soft cooked veg on my 3rd week post op and I no longer have that problem, I'm even losing weight again!  
Linda B.
on 3/26/11 1:46 am - CA
I talked about my veggie pureed drink yesterday. What a find. My tummy feels sooooo goood using fresh veggies in my Vita Mixer and this am I made a "green smoothie" of SPINACH, mandarins, bananas, mango...all pureed and DELICIOUS! I am so happy I have found this because I prefer using the fresh local fruits and veggies where I can and avoid canned and processed ones. Again, my tummy LIKES it a lot. I have to be on this "full liquid" thing for another week so I am glad this works for me. In adding my Spinach to LIVESTRONG(a tool I use to keep track of my water and nutrient goals mainly) I discovered that I get about 4g protein from the spinach that I add. Who woulda knew. I love all that I am learning.
Linda B

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

Most Active