COUNTERFEIT LICENSE FOR DR. ANDRES BETANCOURT

Chasman
on 3/28/10 3:14 am, edited 3/28/10 3:14 am
Bigisbad,

I noticed you are having surgery in the very near future. May I suggest that you carefully verify the surgeon and the hospital/clinic you have chosen.

This is about your safety and not about the cheapest price. There are many negative posts about this Dr. and clinic. And to be fair, there are positive posts for folks who have gone there. If they are willing to cut corners with a "fake" doctor, what other ways do they cut corners? Please, for your safety, reconsider your surgery with this Dr. and his clinic. There are several fine Drs. in Mexico who have been well vetted... find one, book him, and go. If you do use this clinic, you are going in with your eyes wide open! Best of luck.

Chas

bigisbad
on 3/28/10 3:33 am - Canada, Canada
On March 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM Pacific Time, Chasman wrote:
Bigisbad,

I noticed you are having surgery in the very near future. May I suggest that you carefully verify the surgeon and the hospital/clinic you have chosen.

This is about your safety and not about the cheapest price. There are many negative posts about this Dr. and clinic. And to be fair, there are positive posts for folks who have gone there. If they are willing to cut corners with a "fake" doctor, what other ways do they cut corners? Please, for your safety, reconsider your surgery with this Dr. and his clinic. There are several fine Drs. in Mexico who have been well vetted... find one, book him, and go. If you do use this clinic, you are going in with your eyes wide open! Best of luck.

Chas

I'm sorry but I do not have the time to properly address you concerns about price. It has been addressed at least a hundred times over the last week or so... I suggest you waste your time and do the research.
So,,, are you a bandwagoneer?
Have you been to the clinic and seen the license on the wall yourself?
I heard your doc got his license from a box of cracker jax but that's just hear say from another forum. Just someone trying to stir up crap. See... its so easy to do ya know.
Since I personally have never met your doctor I can not make a comment to agree or disagree.
But if you have been to Jerusalem Clinic and copied whatever and been to the Mx govt of whatever records and did all the research yourself and have physical proof of what your just repeating... then I apologies in advance.
And I love the sign off... after bashing...
Best of luck to you as well with your WL
Honestly... this get funnier every hour.
Chasman
on 3/28/10 3:52 am, edited 3/28/10 8:12 am
Big is bad,

Nope, not a bandwaggoner, just a guy who believes there are enough choices out there that you shouldn't go to someone who has so much controversy. Perhaps I'm out of line with the cost comment. My apologies for that if it offended you. My point is: why don't you pick up the phone and make the call so he can be vetted? It's your surgery. Best of luck.

Chas

PeanutFreeMom
on 3/28/10 4:06 am - Canada
This is simply about the facts. 

This is not about bashing anyone.  This is not about bashing the clinic.  This is about providing clear, factual information so people can make an informed decision.

I myself had an excellent experience when I had my sleeve at Andres Betancourt's clinic.  There are many of us that had great experiences there with no problems.  However, there are many who did not.
But this thread is not about that.

My thread simply provides the following information:

Is "Dr." Andres Betancourt a doctor, as he and his coordinators and staff say he is?

And the answer, clearly - is no - he is not.

Melanie
HW: 225  |  SW: 198  |  CW: 123 | Height: 5' 7.5"  I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!

13 lbs below goal :)
Irishsweettart
on 3/28/10 5:14 am - North Las Vegas, NV
I read through all of the back and forth from everyone today, and it seems just like every other time there is an issue, mid western girl gets into it, bashing everyone. We all feel the need to protect where we have gone and what we have done. I feel really sad because I think Mel is a beautiful example of what I strive to look like. She has been an inspriation to me from the beginning. However I will admit, before I even saw her website I assumed she was working for them. When I heard about this issue, it felt to me like spoiled milk...seems like someone has their panties in a bunch over a bad business deal. Bottom line is this. Ok so if Dr. Betancourt is not an actual doctor, and it comes out as such...to me who cares? I knew going in I was having my surgery with Dr. Alverez. I looked into his back ground. I was concerned about that. I went to the clinic, with my 19 year old daughter, and both of us had a great surgery. Dr Betancourt did nothing but stop and see us and ease our nerves while we were waiting. He looked at our stitches afterward as well. Who CARES??? A PA or anyone at the urgicare when you walk in could do the same in the US. As long as he is not doing my surgery, I am fine. Yes the truth will come out, one way or the other, but whether he is Dr or Mr... I had a great experiance with the surgeon Dr Alvarez,and the clinic... however not being in the best area (hello we are talking about Mexico, is there a best area??) I felt safe at all times, it was very clean and both of us had an awesome experiance. As well as the others who were there with us. My sister went with us, she is a doctor, and she was satisfied as well. Are thier differances? Yes it is not the US, it is Mexico, there is a reason you are going there as a self pay. It is cheaper!! It was however a great experiance for us, and we will continue to recommend it going forward.

Irishsweettart
on 3/28/10 5:17 am - North Las Vegas, NV
and yes I will call myself an idiot, sorry Dr Almanza, I need to keep focused on one thing at a time when I'm doing things... Yes I do know my surgeon, I just had a senior moment lol!!

moparmemaw
on 3/28/10 7:18 am - IA
Hi Irish.  I am so glad you and many, many others had a great experience and had no problems post surgery. We all are pulling for one another to have safe and successful surgeries.  I also understand why those of you who had wonderful experiences there are defensive about this situation. 

I actually looked into going to Mexico for my surgery.  The initial thought of going to Mexico was quite scary.  I can't imagine anyone going there and not having some second thoughts about it.  And, I can't imagine not doing thorough research about a doctor there before choosing one.  If at any time I had learned something unethical about any of the facilities, they would have been crossed off my list immediately.   In fact, I had begun the process of educating myself about the various Mexican surgeons before I found a physician in Kansas City to do it for a reasonable price. 

But to be fair, if you had heard beforehand that Dr. Betancourt was not really a doctor, would you really have chosen that clinic?  It's about ethics.  Even though he wasn't the surgeon, he posed as a doctor to look at your stitches.  If he had been a PA or a nurse, and was honest about that, you would have no reason for concern.  But to falcify the medical license speaks to what kind of person he truly is.  I for one would never choose to have surgery there.  If they are unethical enough to lie about that, what else are they lying about? 

Mel and MWG are doing their best to educate pre-ops.    If someone chooses to ignore their warnings, then that's their choice.  They can't say they weren't warned.  Poor outcomes from surgery can happen anywhere.  But when someone poses as a physician who is not, red flags raise up.  People should be made aware.
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

ishary
on 3/28/10 1:43 pm - Whittier, CA
On March 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM Pacific Time, Irishsweettart wrote:
I read through all of the back and forth from everyone today, and it seems just like every other time there is an issue, mid western girl gets into it, bashing everyone. We all feel the need to protect where we have gone and what we have done. I feel really sad because I think Mel is a beautiful example of what I strive to look like. She has been an inspriation to me from the beginning. However I will admit, before I even saw her website I assumed she was working for them. When I heard about this issue, it felt to me like spoiled milk...seems like someone has their panties in a bunch over a bad business deal. Bottom line is this. Ok so if Dr. Betancourt is not an actual doctor, and it comes out as such...to me who cares? I knew going in I was having my surgery with Dr. Alverez. I looked into his back ground. I was concerned about that. I went to the clinic, with my 19 year old daughter, and both of us had a great surgery. Dr Betancourt did nothing but stop and see us and ease our nerves while we were waiting. He looked at our stitches afterward as well. Who CARES??? A PA or anyone at the urgicare when you walk in could do the same in the US. As long as he is not doing my surgery, I am fine. Yes the truth will come out, one way or the other, but whether he is Dr or Mr... I had a great experiance with the surgeon Dr Alvarez,and the clinic... however not being in the best area (hello we are talking about Mexico, is there a best area??) I felt safe at all times, it was very clean and both of us had an awesome experiance. As well as the others who were there with us. My sister went with us, she is a doctor, and she was satisfied as well. Are thier differances? Yes it is not the US, it is Mexico, there is a reason you are going there as a self pay. It is cheaper!! It was however a great experiance for us, and we will continue to recommend it going forward.
Hi There!
I cant remember your name but I was there at the same time that you were too.
I was sleeved the night before you.
How are you and how much weight have you lost?
How is your Baby Girl!?
I am down approx 35 lbs!! woo hoo!!
Feeling really good no issues whatsover.
I love my sleeve!!!!

bigisbad
on 3/28/10 7:35 am - Canada, Canada
I hear that Rowlf Rowlf in the background.
MWG... you live for this!
What would your life be like if there was no forum... oh... please dont answer
Just a figure of speach
Still laughing at you for ALL your other post that bad mouth somebody...
and I know.... you will now bad mouth me right back.
FabBy50 .
on 3/28/10 9:37 am - Everett, WA
WOW, WOW, WOW I had no idea!!!!!!!  Thanks Mel. I have to say "Dr." B never did any Dr. ing on me, thank goodness!! He was just the showman to make everyone comfortable.
Most Active
Recent Topics