COUNTERFEIT LICENSE FOR DR. ANDRES BETANCOURT

Julie F.
on 3/27/10 2:58 pm
Dr. Evil better STFU or we will have 60 minutes crawling up his a**. 

Nice job, Mel.  

bigisbad
on 3/27/10 3:04 pm - Canada, Canada
Is it possible that Dr. Bentacourt holds a GP license issued from the state of California.
This is what I have been told by Melissa, one of the coordinators. I will verify this and photo the license if they allow sometime in the next two weeks.
I don't have the proof yet... but do you have the proof he doesn't?
Just maybe....?
PeanutFreeMom
on 3/27/10 3:18 pm - Canada
Here is the website for the Medical Board of California, where you can find all the medical licenses for the State of California:

licenselookup.mbc.ca.gov/licenselookup/search.php
licenselookup.mbc.ca.gov/licenselookup/search.php

Results for Betancourt:
1 A 81869 BETANCOURT, JAIME 2445 S BARRINGTON AVE # 103 LOS ANGELES 90064 LOS ANGELES
2 A 83357 BETANCOURT, JOANNA ELENA 600 S RANDALL ROAD STE 220 ALGONQUIN 60102 OUT OF STATE
3 G 71771 BETANCOURT, MARIA NELLIE PO BOX 939 CORONA 92878 RIVERSIDE
4 G 28745 BETANCOURT, OSCAR 1201 SW 67 TERR PLANTATION 33317 OUT OF STATE

Results for Andrade:
1 A 37795 ANDRADE, FRANCISCO LIM 350 MILL STREET HAGERSTOWN 21740 OUT OF STATE
2 A 38298 ANDRADE, JUAN MIGUEL PO BOX 830 ALHAMBRA 91802-0830 LOS ANGELES
3 A 89016 ANDRADE, KRISTIN EILEEN KEA 19431 NEWHOUSE ST CANYON COUNTRY 91351 LOS ANGELES
4 A 106633 ANDRADE, KRISTINE EMALINE 7960 SELMA AVE # 205 LOS ANGELES 90046 LOS ANGELES
5 A 53534 ANDRADE, MIRIAM DOLORES 7747 EAST ROSECRANS AVENUE PARAMOUNT 90723-1425 LOS ANGELES
6 G 48998 ANDRADE, PAUL ANGELO 2101 FOREST AVE #128 SAN JOSE 95128 SANTA CLARA
7 A 106912 ANDRADE, ROSA MERCEDES 9500 GILMAN DR-0711 SAN DIEGO 92093 SAN DIEGO
8 A 25096 ANDRADE, SERGIO GILBERTO 1010 SCOTT STREET # 32 SAN GABRIEL 91776-3653 LOS ANGELES
9 G 68084 ANDRADE, TERRY MICHAEL 22459 FLAMINGO GRAND TERRACE 92324 SAN BERNARDINO
10 C 53702 ANDRADE, WILLIAM GEORGE 219 GEORGE C WALLACE BLVD PANAMA CITY BEACH 32413 OUT OF STATE
11 A 52381 ANDRADE-SILVERMAN, ANGELICA 1580 VALENCIA STREET #201 SAN FRANCISCO 94110 SAN FRANCISCO

As you can clearly see, there is no license for an Andres Betancourt or for an Andres Betancourt Andrade, as the name on his counterfeit medical license shows.

I'm sorry, but if he held a license in the state of California, it's a very simple matter to look him up. There is not need for him to provide a copy of his license. If he was a doctor, it would display his address, license number and location, as well as the following information, as mandated by law:

Physician License Lookup

In reviewing a physician's information, it is important to know what is and is not available from the Medical Board of California (Board) about physicians licensed by the State of California.

The law provides that the following information IS public and would appear on a record under Public Disclosure if applicable to the physician:

• If a physician has been disciplined or formally accused of wrongdoing by the Board.
  • If a physician has been disciplined by a medical board of another state or federal government agency.
  • If a physician has been convicted of a felony reported to the Board after January 3, 1991.
  • If a physician has been convicted of a misdemeanor after January 1, 2007 that results in a disciplinary action or an accusation being filed by the Board, and the accusation is not subsequently withdrawn or dismissed.
  • If a physician has been issued a citation for a minor violation of the law by the Board within the last five years. This is not considered disciplinary action.
  • Any hospital disciplinary actions that resulted in the termination or revocation of the physician's privileges to provide health care services at a health care facility for a medical disciplinary cause or reason reported to the Board after January 1, 1995.
  • After January 1, 1998, all malpractice judgments and arbitration awards (between January 1, 1993 and January 1, 1998, only those malpractice judgments and arbitration awards more than $30,000 were required to be reported to the Board).
  • After January 1, 2003, malpractice settlements over $30,000 that meet the following criteria:
  • Four or more in a 10-year period (beginning 1/1/03) if the physician practices in a high-risk specialty (obstetrics, orthopedic surgery, plastic surgery and neurological surgery)
  • Three or more in a 10-year period (beginning 1/1/03) if the physician practices in a low-risk specialty (all other specialties)
HW: 225  |  SW: 198  |  CW: 123 | Height: 5' 7.5"  I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!

13 lbs below goal :)
wendyvanosdell
on 3/27/10 4:23 pm
Mel:  please be careful!  I have heard that wls is big business in Mexico!  He may very well try something evil against you.  My husband received some pics from a fellow officer of a drug raid in Mexico- they didn't wait to go to court, no trial, no jury, they shot and killed all of the people involved - in broad daylight, in the middle of the street. Of course I am completely against drug dealers, but a fair trial I would think is standard. Not so in Mexico, and no telling what else may go on down there. Who knows how far Betancourt may go to protect his livelihood? Please watch out!!!
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

PeanutFreeMom
on 3/27/10 3:53 pm - Canada
I also feel I need to point out that even if he held a valid GP license from the State of California (which he doesn't), it still would not explain why he holds a counterfeit license from Mexico.

Furthermore, providing an equally fraudulent medical license from California will not help matters.

HW: 225  |  SW: 198  |  CW: 123 | Height: 5' 7.5"  I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!

13 lbs below goal :)
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/10 1:20 am - AZ
On March 27, 2010 at 10:04 PM Pacific Time, bigisbad wrote:
Is it possible that Dr. Bentacourt holds a GP license issued from the state of California.
This is what I have been told by Melissa, one of the coordinators. I will verify this and photo the license if they allow sometime in the next two weeks.
I don't have the proof yet... but do you have the proof he doesn't?
Just maybe....?

No, impossible.  Betancourt has a 7th grade education in the US.  He didn't move to Mexico until he was 13.  This explains his horrific spelling and grammar.

Andres Betancourt isn't even his real name, that is a doctor he used to date.  His real name is Joey Perez.

His real name is Joey Perez, he uses the name of Andres Betancourt, and he used the license number of Cesar Lara.  He used to be a coordinator for Dr. Verboonen, he had no money so he lived in Verboonen's clinic.  Before that he sold used cars.

A used car salesman is giving injections and prescribing post op care.  (slowly shaking head)  And pre ops, if you think the coordinators do not know this information, you are fooling yourselves.  They are knowingly being dishonest with you just to get your money because money is all they care about.

Betancourt is right on one count, he found a way to do dirt cheap surgery.  He never claimed it was safe, just cheap. ;o)

ryansgirl
on 3/27/10 3:52 pm, edited 3/27/10 4:19 pm
as always i love you mel and thinks for sharing. it took guts!

xoxo,
nikki
readerchick
on 3/28/10 12:21 am - Canada
Wow! As I posted before I had a fine experience while I was in Mexico and had a great recovery.

I just thought Betancourt was a little excentric and focused my attendion on the surgeon who was doing the work.

I am very thankful that I was ok and am very interested in seeing what the outcome will be.

Please keep us posted.

Jaime

marilyng
on 3/28/10 12:25 am - Yuma, AZ
There is an interesting article in The Edmonton Journal today titled "Foreign obesity surgery poses major health resk, doctors warn." by Jodie Sinnema.  It give alot of credence to this post and others re: surgery in Mexico.  It tells of a Canadian's experience with a surgeon in Tijuana.  The article also states that this same Canadian surgeon has treated 10 other patient's who have had major problems.  After reading this, I fully believe everything that Mel is saying.  I am so greatful to her for finally having the courage, along with MWG, to expose the ugly truth.

Do not fall for ZSflowers threats on the other posts that she has posted last night.  I plan on contacting the California Attorney General tomorrow.  I know that they can't do anything to Betancourt as he is in Mexico.  They can however, do an investigation into how patient's are being referred by someone in the U.S. for surgery knowing full well that at least one of the physicians providing medical care is not even licensed.  I really hope that people who have went to this so called physician and had major problems after, will band together and do a class action lawsuit against the company in California who is knowingly referring them to someone who isn't even a physician. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/10 1:46 am - AZ
On March 28, 2010 at 7:25 AM Pacific Time, marilyng wrote:
There is an interesting article in The Edmonton Journal today titled "Foreign obesity surgery poses major health resk, doctors warn." by Jodie Sinnema.  It give alot of credence to this post and others re: surgery in Mexico.  It tells of a Canadian's experience with a surgeon in Tijuana.  The article also states that this same Canadian surgeon has treated 10 other patient's who have had major problems.  After reading this, I fully believe everything that Mel is saying.  I am so greatful to her for finally having the courage, along with MWG, to expose the ugly truth.

Do not fall for ZSflowers threats on the other posts that she has posted last night.  I plan on contacting the California Attorney General tomorrow.  I know that they can't do anything to Betancourt as he is in Mexico.  They can however, do an investigation into how patient's are being referred by someone in the U.S. for surgery knowing full well that at least one of the physicians providing medical care is not even licensed.  I really hope that people who have went to this so called physician and had major problems after, will band together and do a class action lawsuit against the company in California who is knowingly referring them to someone who isn't even a physician. 

Hmmm... it would appear that Betancourt (Joey) threatens people and ZSFlower (Sandy Johnston) threatens to sue everyone.

They certainly are a pair made for one another.

I wonder what kind of human being it takes to send someone there knowing what they do.

Most Active
Recent Topics