Can someone clarify?

Amarylis
on 5/15/09 6:24 am - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
 Hello A,

Well, is that kind of think I am not comfortable either! He trained under Dr. Marescaux but ...Dr. Marescaux can not confirm he trained under him!

At this point I would confront directly Dr. Alvarez, no need to pass by a patient coordinator, it is important stuff you need to clarify with HIM!

babsintx
on 5/15/09 6:30 am - GA
Hi,

I am sorry but I am finding this hard to believe. THe sleeve patient you refer to may have given you wrong information. Just go to the source. Alvarez would be happy to talk to you himself, so I guess I dont know why you need to bring this here under secret identity. I have trouble with anybody who comes on this board and is completely and totally anonymous basing information on a heresay comment from another sleeve patient. Alvarez did not do my revision even though I was scheduled to go to him in Mexico. At the last minute I caught the flu and cancelled my surgery. Insurance paid here in the US. He is one of the most caring experienced surgeons I have ever had the opportunity to meet and talk with and he spent many hours on the phone reviewing my case and trying to help me. He did not make a dime off me and still offered support (as well as Susan) even after having surgery with a NYC surgeon. You most certainly have a right to question a remark especially if it contradicts information, but talk to the source. Alvarez would be happy to confirm or deny said information.

Babs

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 6:46 am - AZ
On May 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM Pacific Time, Barbara B. wrote:
Hi,

I am sorry but I am finding this hard to believe. THe sleeve patient you refer to may have given you wrong information. Just go to the source. Alvarez would be happy to talk to you himself, so I guess I dont know why you need to bring this here under secret identity. I have trouble with anybody who comes on this board and is completely and totally anonymous basing information on a heresay comment from another sleeve patient. Alvarez did not do my revision even though I was scheduled to go to him in Mexico. At the last minute I caught the flu and cancelled my surgery. Insurance paid here in the US. He is one of the most caring experienced surgeons I have ever had the opportunity to meet and talk with and he spent many hours on the phone reviewing my case and trying to help me. He did not make a dime off me and still offered support (as well as Susan) even after having surgery with a NYC surgeon. You most certainly have a right to question a remark especially if it contradicts information, but talk to the source. Alvarez would be happy to confirm or deny said information.

Babs

You know, I usually agree with you but I can't this time.  Secret identity?  Does Barbara B tell us who you are?  What your address is?  Why didn't you use your full name?

We tend to post a lot of personal information here throughout our weight loss.  It's easy to do a google search on anyone and if they use their full name they are brought right here to OH for all the personal information to be read by family, friends, employers, etc.

I think it's crazy that someone is accused of being too afraid to go to Mexico because she wants to research her doctor.  I think it's crazy that she's insulted, misquoted, now accused of having some secret identity because she wants what is the rational thing to have, to research her doctor and to keep some things in life personal.

I've had two cyberstalkers on OH, one was right here on this board.  After it was proven they were dead wrong and I posted the threats and such she suddenly closed her profile and changed her ID name.  I confronted her on the boards again and she disappeared.  She was trying very hard to get my personal contact info, husbands name, etc.  I still have those PMs.  They will never go away.

BTW, I think the OP did indeed go to the source, the source of the training.

Rosebud2
on 5/15/09 10:34 am
You can say anything you want about yourself.  I can tell you all I went to Harvard.  Now proving that is another story.  That is all the poster wants.  She wants to verify the qualifications.

Just because I think that Breyers Vanilla ice cream is the best vanilla ice cream doesn't mean that you are going to agree.

(23 prior to surgery)   

I'm 5'8"
The old broad

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 4:30 am, edited 5/16/09 4:31 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I do not think anybody is mad at you, friend.   Well, I know I am not - but I will speak for other folks until they shut me up.  :} 

You keep on doing what you need to do, and definitely be comfortable with the surgeon you choose.   You deserve to feel as comfortable as you can with a major surgery. 

There are more surgeons than Dr. Alvarez that are not the same price as a lot of our home town guys, who are more experienced (than our home town guys).

Keep on searching and find someone you trust to your very soul, and with your very life.  That's going to take you a long way to healing up well!
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 5:12 am - AZ
On May 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM Pacific Time, AttitudeIsMe wrote:
I am sorry I did not mean to get everyone so mad at me. I was trying to do this the right way because I have never had surgery in Mexico before. I thought I was just asking for advice. I have to have thick skin to post messages here. I am going to keep researching because I can not afford to do this more than one time. It is one surgery for me forever and I have to make the right decision.

I am sorry for making everyone so mad.

Don't you dare apologize!  You are not the one that did anything wrong.  Those insisting you just believe everything you are spoon fed like a good little twit are those at fault.  You are doing everything right.

Keep researching, keep verifiying, just ignore the ignorant folks who insulted you.  I saw your cross post, good job.

Amarylis
on 5/16/09 5:27 am - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
I second Midwesterngirl, you don't have to sorry. It is like that on all the boards and all the forums, everyone has his/her surgeon and if something that could be negative is brought up, everyone is getting very sensitive...i mean you don't have to pay attention!
Most Active