Can someone clarify?

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 6:30 am - AZ
On May 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM Pacific Time, Emilee.nisenfeld wrote:
FYI - if you look at Dr. Liza Maria Pompa-gonzales' page, you can very clearly see that many of her "patient testimonials" are fake.  I in no way think this makes her a bad or unreliable surgeon, I considered her for quite some time... but it goes to show that it is done.

*BINGO*

That is exactly the one I had in mind when I wrote the other post.

They don't even try to hide it.  You'd have to be an idiot to see the greater majority are fake.

MacMadame
on 5/16/09 5:18 pm - Northern, CA
"I in no way think this makes her a bad or unreliable surgeon, "

I think it completely makes her unreliable. I'm not going to let someone cut into me and remove most of my stomach I can't trust and I certain can't trust someone who lies about their training and posts, or allows those who work for her to post, fake testimonials.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 11:59 pm - AZ
On May 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM Pacific Time, MacMadame wrote:
"I in no way think this makes her a bad or unreliable surgeon, "

I think it completely makes her unreliable. I'm not going to let someone cut into me and remove most of my stomach I can't trust and I certain can't trust someone who lies about their training and posts, or allows those who work for her to post, fake testimonials.

I agree.  Good doctors work hard for a reputation, they don't depend on fooling people.  Any doctor has to start somewhere and bust their butt to earn a rep and a patient following.  Some are crappy losers that write fake testimonials, some have paid posters, some fake training, some bug and annoy their patients until they do write a testimonial.  It's all obvious.  Only the stupid don't see through these things.

Some doctors get patients the dishonest way, some get them the honest way, hard work, skill, and time.

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 1:11 am - Beaverton, OR
Ok, let me rephrase that:

I don't believe this alone make her a bad or unreliable surgeon (and this was mainly said so as not to offend her patients).  There are a few factors that lead me to believe she's not the best option.
Catnip
on 5/16/09 5:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
Did you know that OH lets surgeons remove negative reviews about them?

I wouldn't put much weight on those reviews

Catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 5:26 am - AZ
On May 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, Catnip wrote:
Did you know that OH lets surgeons remove negative reviews about them?

I wouldn't put much weight on those reviews

Catnip

Yep, and here is an example:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NV/3928788/Dont-Believe-Patient-T estimonials-on-MD-Profiles/

That's why people need to find their OWN references, they need to do their OWN research, they need to NOT believe the patient coordinators and verify everything for themselves.

Surgery in Mexico can be great, maybe even better than the US but idiots out there shop by price and not skill/reputation.  They get what they pay for. :o(

MissF1976
on 5/15/09 5:36 am - Georgetown,, TX
VSG on 02/28/09 with
I guess I can understand your skeptisism since Mexico is another country--I think that you are looking for an excuse and if you feel that scared then clearly Mexico and Dr. alvarez isnt for you.  I agree with the other poster who suggested you go strait to the source.  Susan is a great patient coordinator and she would not lie to you and I have never been misled by her or Dr. A.  Fact is if your not comfortable then find someone else to do it.

Mendy
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 5:57 am - AZ
On May 15, 2009 at 12:36 PM Pacific Time, MissF1976 wrote:
I guess I can understand your skeptisism since Mexico is another country--I think that you are looking for an excuse and if you feel that scared then clearly Mexico and Dr. alvarez isnt for you.  I agree with the other poster who suggested you go strait to the source.  Susan is a great patient coordinator and she would not lie to you and I have never been misled by her or Dr. A.  Fact is if your not comfortable then find someone else to do it.

Mendy

What the heck are you talking about?  Since she wants to verify information for herself instead of depending on people in an internet message board that she does not know this means she's too scared for Mexico?  Don't you think that is a little insulting and over the top?  I'd do the same thing for a US surgeon as well.  Does that mean I am too scared to go to any US doctor?

Going straight to the source for any doctor is not their patient coordinators.  That is exactly the information that we all need to verify for any doctor.

OP, you are doing exactly the RIGHT thing!  There is a doctor in TJ that claims she was a resident at Mayo for 18 months.  A total lie.  Dr. Huacuz and Arturo Rodriguez claiimed that they were FACS.  Another total lie... notice the FACS has been removed from both of their surgeon profiles.  I know of two more doctors that their patient coordinators claim they are FACS... they aren't.  Never have been.

Please see my profile, it lists lots of issues you might want to consider while you are researching a Mexican Sleeve surgeon.

MissF1976
on 5/15/09 6:02 am - Georgetown,, TX
VSG on 02/28/09 with
I didnt mean to offend anyone here...I think it alittle OVER THE TOP to say that all patient testimonials are FAKE.  I agree with researching the dr.  I sure as hell did my research..she just needs to go to the source!!!  Some people automatically assume that **** isnt legit since its in Mexico...granted some are full of it..but others such as Dr. A we know are great!!!  THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS...
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 6:10 am - AZ
On May 15, 2009 at 1:02 PM Pacific Time, MissF1976 wrote:
I didnt mean to offend anyone here...I think it alittle OVER THE TOP to say that all patient testimonials are FAKE.  I agree with researching the dr.  I sure as hell did my research..she just needs to go to the source!!!  Some people automatically assume that **** isnt legit since its in Mexico...granted some are full of it..but others such as Dr. A we know are great!!!  THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS...

~~.I think it alittle OVER THE TOP to say that all patient testimonials are FAKE.~~

But that isn't what she wrote at all.  Here is what she wrote:

~~I want to review his training. I don't really think much of the patient testimonials, those can be fake for any doctor. I want to know where he got his training.~~

They can be fake, I can PM you a prime example where the majority are fake and they don't even try to hide it.

It is over the top to suggest that if she wants to research her surgeon she's too afraid of Mexico, it's insulting as well.  She's doing exactly the right thing.  Believe nothing, believe nobody, verify everything for yourself.  That's the right way to do it.  I wish more would, then they wouldn't be killed by people like Huacuz.

Most Active