Can someone clarify?

Paulette F.
on 5/15/09 5:04 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 05/09/09 with
I don't know the answer to your question, but however he got his training....he is without a doubt one of the best surgeons for the sleeve.  Wouldn't trade him for anything!

11 lbs. lost during preop

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 5:05 am, edited 5/15/09 5:13 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Did you tell Susan that Dr. Marescaux denies that? 

Dr. Alvarez is genuinely a surgical craftsman. 

Edit to add - go to the source and ask there to get your confusion cleared up - definitely.

And another thing - if you arent comfortable with Dr. Alvarez, then you just arent, and that is okay - there are other great doctors - but he really does amazing work.
dw45
on 5/15/09 5:10 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I can't answer your question either...although I did extensive research and chose Dr. Alvarez based on all of his experience in doing the VSG procedure.  I feel confident that I chose one of the VERY BEST surgeons in this procedure and would go to him again in a second!!

Please review all of his patient reviews by doing a search in the top right hand box with his name, then click on patient reviews.  There are screens and screens of other patients saying the exact same thing.  He is an extremely skilled surgeon.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Catnip
on 5/16/09 5:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
Did you know that OH lets surgeons remove negative reviews about them?

I wouldn't put much weight on those reviews

Catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/16/09 7:05 am
On May 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, Catnip wrote:
Did you know that OH lets surgeons remove negative reviews about them?

I wouldn't put much weight on those reviews

Catnip
I have heard this also and it makes me mad.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 5:13 am - Baltimore, MD
if my insurance had not approved my sleeve I was going to go with dr. alverez, as my personal opinon he was my choice
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 5:23 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Well. I am not a fake testimonial, but like I said before - definitely go to the source.  If Susan or Dr. A cant corroborate stories enough to help you feel comfortable, then that is what it is.
novascotiadawn
on 5/15/09 5:24 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reading patients testimony's here aren't fake! 

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 5:26 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

But darlin, if she thinks they are - they hold no weight with her.  And they do not answer her original question about his training.

*shrug*

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 6:12 am - Beaverton, OR
FYI - if you look at Dr. Liza Maria Pompa-gonzales' page, you can very clearly see that many of her "patient testimonials" are fake.  I in no way think this makes her a bad or unreliable surgeon, I considered her for quite some time... but it goes to show that it is done.
Most Active