Please give info on Dr. Alvarez

dw45
on 3/9/09 11:18 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I can't find a negative thing about him!  I'm scheduled for a VSG with him on March 23rd.
DiDi55
on 3/9/09 11:22 am - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
Chiming IN, he is wonderful - nothing negative to say.  My results say it all!

No complications to report, my PCP was impressed.  She is doing my followup.

ohcardsmdi.jpg picture by lynnca1972

leahk
on 3/9/09 11:37 am
VSG on 09/15/08 with
I had a very good experience with Dr. A. His skill and gentleness is an important factor in the easy recoveries many of us have. I was only on pain meds for one day after surgery.  After that...nothing. My incisions were not at all painful and healed nicely without incident. I have had little to no nausea and have never vomited since having the VSG, even in the beginning.  I feel just like I did pre-op, but I can't eat as much.  Everything I hoped for...easy surgery and recovery and no long term repercussions.

20.5 lost pre-op.  highest/pre-op/current/goal   283/262.5/151.5/155
shscharger
on 3/9/09 12:37 pm - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Hi-jack !!   Are we going to get a 6 month photo and update from somebody next week   ??   Seems like it was just the other day that you were worried about your surgery .  Boy how time flys by after those first few weeks !   And keep working your sleeve !!
kodiakDiabetes
on 3/9/09 1:34 pm, edited 3/9/09 1:35 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
VSG on 02/26/09 with
I, too had a great experience...even with a HUGE liver....make sure you follow the pre-op recommendations to shrink your liver, otherwise it may get in the way and cause difficulties like mine did. I am also diabetic so don't worry too much, just do what they tell you! You cannot go wrong with Dr. Alvarez....look back at the hundreds of posts, almost all are positive! Personally,  there is no one else in Mexico I would use!
leahk
on 3/10/09 2:11 am
VSG on 09/15/08 with
Hi Tony!
I'll definitely be posting my 6 month pix!!  I have my 5 month photos to upload, too.
Hugs,
Leah

20.5 lost pre-op.  highest/pre-op/current/goal   283/262.5/151.5/155
Laurie P.
on 3/9/09 1:39 pm - Oregon House, CA
VSG on 03/13/08 with
He is the BEST!!! My experience was great.  I have posted lots of details about it on my profile.  I am a nurse, also, and even though the hospital is older, I found it to be spotlessly clean.  Way cleaner than any hospital I have worked in.  His staff is the greatest!  You will be in great hands.
Laurie

pre-op 265  lbs.    day of surgery 252  lbs.     curent 187 lbs.

cme
on 3/10/09 1:56 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
I had surgery with Dr A almost 18 months ago. I have been at goal for a year today.  I still e-mail him and Susan about once a month.
I can not say enough good things about him.

Good luck.

Bethany

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Ro R.
on 3/10/09 12:31 pm - MIAMI, FL
VSG on 11/11/08 with
Love him-- he is the man that made it possible for me to live a very full life now!

blessed_patty
on 3/11/09 6:48 am - Brentwood, TN
VSG on 04/18/09 with
just wanted to chime in with a different perspective.  i was to be sleeved last october.  dr. a aborted the surgery because he thought there was a mass on my pancreas and a spot on my liver.  he did not want to continue the surgery with the possibility of cancer and chemotherapy and he refunded half the money.

after the surgery, i did not need pain meds.  i told dr. a he must not have done anything because i felt great.  he said no, we spent about 30 minutes poking around.  after seeing the video of my surgery, he was moving around in there pretty good!  like others have said, i think that is a testament to his experience and how gentle he is while inside your body.

since then, i've been in touch with him often on my odd journey of finding out what's going on.  it turned out my pancreas is oddly shaped, which caused it to look like there was a mass.  the spot on the liver is being monitored.  through all the testing, they found a tumor on my thyroid.  i had my thyroid removed 2 weeks ago and just found out this morning it was benign.  dr. a was one of the first people i told.

he has responded to every email within an hour at the most.  i consider him now my friend, not just my surgeon.  my husband is working on his mba and dr. a even took time to help him with his project.  how many docs do you know would take a few hours and do that??

he prayed with me at the hospital and he has prayed for me since then.  i am going back to him in april or may to get sleeved.  there is no one else i would want to do it.  he has so much experience, is excellent at what he does and he is truly a good man to boot!  you will be very happy with him!

good luck!
blessings,
patty

Most Active
Recent Topics