Who is Dr .Alvarez

MarloT
on 3/8/09 11:10 pm
VSG on 12/20/07 with
hi donna!

LOL @ "this Dr. Alvarez"  i think everybody who has a good experience loves their surgeon it's that simple.  i went to mexico because my insurance didn't cover wls with my starting stats and would never have covered the sleeve, because as a stand alone surgery insurance companies are still calling it "experimental".   price was absolutely a factor but when i started looking at drs., this guy could have had a practice on the moon, that's where i would've flown because of (1) his experience - at the time he did 4 sleeves a day (2) because of his patient testimonials <-- this one was toughest b/c they were so consistently good across the board i thought his patients were a bunch of fake internet cheerleaders - turns out not and (3) because of all the drs who perform this surgery (that i found) dr. alavarez's patients suffered the least amount of trauma.  i went alone and actually the lady who was my surgery angel, 2 days after surgery she was out touring the alamo.  i'm not saying that's typical but i kept coming across patients who consistently were back in their lives in 2 weeks, without reports of atypical symptoms.   add to all of that (unlike my experience in the u.s.) the guy actually gives a dayum, there's no rushing, there's no feeling like you're keeping him from something, if you have questions, ask and he'll talk to you, if you call his office, you'll most likely speak with susan (his coordinator) but he will get on the phone if you want to speak with him directly.  i'm not a medical professional so none of this is fact, it's my experience.    if i had a sandwich, i'd give him 1/2. 
                                  be happy, laughter burns calories

Most Active
Recent Topics