Da Shrinking Dawg Ramon’s Posts

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 4:36 am
Topic: RE: Regarding the ONLY low point of the conference
As a pre-op I live to look at the pics and profiles of all you beautiful people.. By all means I am not gay but some of the men on here have made great changes in their lives and I strive to be like them.. I want to be able to do things that I can not do right now and being able to dress nice is one of them. Bubba's tent and parachute shop only has a limited amount of nice things.. I want to be able to look good. As far as being "catty" about some of the women I can not believe someone would do that. Hell we are all in the same boat it is just that some have been sailing a little longer than the rest of us and we will hopefully all get a chance to capitan the ship.. I enjoyed the little time I spent there.. and I do believe that all the women there were beautiful no matter what stage in the journey they happen to be at.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 4:26 am
Topic: RE: A special thanks to the TMB and OH People
Thank you for your kind words. I still have trouble thinking of the right words to say to all the lovely ladies I met this weekend but I enjoyed meeting all of you.. I have started an OH fund to go whereever next year. I want to stay the whole time next time.. and Just think I will be shrinking Dawg by then.. Hell I bet I fell in love about 8 times that night.. fell in love with the people that didn't judge me because I look like Shrek but instead they saw the true me.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 4:17 am
Topic: RE: HAVE YALL NOTICED
Hell we consider ourselves lucky to have you on our board.. Come on over anytime.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 4:08 am
Well PeaBug.. I know I have a big heart because I had an echocardiogram and the doc said I had an enlarged heart.. LMAO But for real I had a great time meeting all the people that I did and if I didn't get the chance to meet you please feel free to email or send a message on yahoo id stonecold903 Traci it was so nice to be treated like a person for a change. This board is so great.. The people from it are the greatest and I am so glad I have been accepted to this group. I have to say that Mrs. Rachel is truly an angel on earth. All though I just spent a few hours with her I was comfortable with her within a few minutes.. I am so lucky that she is my angel.. And Lora was so nice too.. I can't say enough how special I felt when I left. Once again thanks for all you did this weekend and May God Bless you.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 3:27 am
Hey there Mrs Cheryl.. Let me start off by saying that you are a very special lady to me.. I am so glad that we started emailing each other. I want you to know that you have been about half of the reason I have continued by WLS Journey. You have been so good to me. If you all didn't know Cheryl helped start a support group in Waco and I have attended a few meetings, but Cheryl and I email each other about 4 times a day. And she is a very nice lady. Although she will have her surgery 2 weeks before me.. But that just means she will be a loser when she comes to see me in the hospital. Cheryl, like my angel Tx Rachel, were the two main reasons I went to Arlington and I am so glad they "convinced" me to go.. Cheryl thanks for everything and tell Devin I said hello.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 3:20 am
I just reread my post and I am suprised I didn't write that I felt like I was "Queen for the day" LMAO.. ANYWAY THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE..
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 3:17 am
Yvonne I have to admit when I first emailed you I was intimidated simply by the fact that you could pass as a fashion model but the more we emailed I started to feel like a person, not some huge ogre. Well I am still huge but I don't think I look that much like an ogre..LMAO.. It feels so good to read all the kind words from you and all the other people here on the board. I have to work on being able to take a compliment and not going straight into the "aww shucks " mode. As far as driving over and "blessing" you with my presence thanks, but I am just glad that I had the common sense to drive over because it made me feel like a totally different person. Seeing all the ladies was so nice but seeing how Bo and Crow were treated made me feel really good.. And for once not be embarrassed by being big.. Once again thanks for every thing.. You are a wonderful lady. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 3:08 am
Hey Kim.. It is so good to hear from you.. It is so funny to read all this about how much people enjoyed meeting me and stuff because I have lived my life in a shell most of the time because of my size. I am still in that shell but soon I will be working my way out. It was so strange to see women actually come up and talk to me.. But that just goes to show you what a great group of people that OH is all about.. I hope to stay in touch with as many people that will allow me to stay in touch with them.. lol Don't worry yourself too much about getting pics out but when you get time feel free to email them to me.. I am still in awe of all the people that I met there.. It was so great.. I feel the same way as you it is so hard to describe how I feel.. It is unexplainable.. If that is even a word.. I will keep in touch.. I am so glad you had a great time.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 2:59 am
Deb I felt lucky to be in that circle of beauty.. I am still on cloud nine thinking about how the people were so genuine. I was sure that people would still look at me funny because I am PRE-OP but that was not the case. It was so nice to put a face to name. All the women were so beautiful. I am so glad my angel talked me into going. PLUS all the wonderful ladies in the Waco support group. They are such awesome people. Once again thanks for allowing me to dance with such a wonderful group of women. And like you I am starting a OH fund right now.. Feel free to email anytime.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 1:59 am
Teri: I am so glad that I got to go to Arlington it was such a blast. I bet you and Lori were tired. You all danced all night.. Thank you for your kind words. You are a special person too I am so lucky to have met you and all the ladies of the Waco support group. I am so glad that God sent you to me. Please feel free to email me anytime. Have a good day.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/04 1:37 am
I went to the Luau Saturday night in Arlington and words can not explain how much this event has impacted my life. Although it was only a few hours out of my life, it will have an impact on the rest of my life. At first the only reason I went was to meet a very special person, my angel Rachel, but I am so glad she talked me into going because the people there were so nice. My angel is a God send I bet I haven't had my picture taken so many times or even danced that much in the last 10 years simply because I was so Damn big. I mean don't get me wrong I know I am still big but you all didn't care... That was the best part. No one at that event judged me. I mean if nothing else they made me feel like a normal person.. It was so great to see all the people there from the board. The ladies from the board made me feel so good. I have such a great respect for them it isn't funny.. On my way home I cried because I realized how bad I had been treated over the years because of my size. But that was not the case at all at the luau.. I felt so special. The staff from OH were so great. Bo and Crow have become an inspiration for me. Thank you so much for having a great place for us Pre-Op people to feel welcome. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/13/04 10:44 pm
Topic: RE: Address of the Wyndham??
Can someone give this hick the address to the Wyndham so I can get directions on Mapquest? PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/13/04 12:22 am
Topic: RE: How much just to attend the Luau
Do you realize how much grass I would have to cut down in order to make a grass skirt? That would create another desert. I do have a Hawiian shirt though. I hope to make it there.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/12/04 4:03 pm
Topic: RE: How much just to attend the Luau
I don't get off wor****il 3 saturday and would only like to go to the luau and I was wondering how much it would cost just to attend that? I am not sure about being back on Sunday but if someone would could you let me know.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/10/04 4:40 am
Topic: RE: OT - What would you do?
I will just give you **HUGS** and say a prayer for you. You are too sweet of a lady to have anything like this happen to you.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/9/04 12:04 am
Topic: RE: To all the Lovely Ladies & Single parent Dads
I would like to take this time to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day. This is one of my favorite days of the year because it honors the one person that made me what I am today. I don't and will never honor my sperm donor but instead I honor my mom on Father's day too because she was both mom and dad to us boys. Life growing up was tough because my mom had to raise us four boys (and we weren't regular boys we were four bad @ss boys) by herself and I have nothing but the upmost respect for her and all mothers, whether they be single parent moms or those lucky enough to have a DH to help them. She worked hard to provide for us. Although we didn't always get what we wanted we damn sure got what we needed.. So to my mom, single parent dads and all the lovely ladies of the Texas Board I wish you all a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY from the bottom of my heart. For all of you that are unfortunate enough not to have your mom today think about the great times you had with her because as long as you loved the one you lost you will never lose the one you loved.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/7/04 5:45 am
Topic: RE: HEARTSICK-CONVENTION/FASHION SHOW DISAPPOINTMENT (Cheryl & Shawn)
May God Bless you and give you strength in your time of need.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/6/04 3:31 am
Topic: RE: New Pics
If I may say so myself you look very cute. The hairstyle works very well on you.. Keep up the good work PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/5/04 2:47 pm
Topic: RE: Greatly discouraged
Even if you lose 100 pounds and still have a BMI large enough they should do the surgery. I started my six month diet plan and dropped 44 pounds and still qualify for the surgery. My insurance requires a BMI of 40 or 35 with co-morbidities. ( joint pain, depression, diabetes, sleep apnea, etc) Make sure your pcp documnets any of the above. I hope this helps.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/5/04 2:42 pm
Topic: RE: two steps forward and three steps back and I ain't dancin' LOL
Do you go to Scott and White?? Do you see Kathy Jordan?? By the way don't feel bad I gained 6 pounds.. I was so pissed.. lol.. I too am taking phenteramine and it will help you lose weight well it did me when I took it.. If you have any questions feel free to ask.. I hope things get better.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/5/04 1:42 am
Topic: RE: I DID IT...I DID IT...
My grandfather was just diagnosed with cancer and I know he will never use your hair. But now that I have become part of the group affected by they ugly disease I thank you from the bottom of my heart. GOD BLESS YOU PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/3/04 2:24 am
Topic: RE: 5 Months and JUST Overweight!!!!
Good morning my little Angel !! And I mean that... It is so great to see a person you know succeeding at something they want to do. If I have half the success you do I will be so happy. Maybe you will be able to pass on some of your wisdom to me and get me down where you are. Well CONGRATS on your loss.. And may God make those last 32 just fall off.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/29/04 2:03 pm
Topic: RE: TRS Active Care BCBS
all I had to get was a referral from my PCP and I was basically done.. But then again I had a BMI of 62 with diabetes and joint pain. Plus my insurance is Scott and White insurance and they are the one's paying for me to go their hospital. I am sorry I can't help you. But I finish up my 6 months next Tuesday and I have to wait until July 7th for my surgery.. PEACE
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/29/04 1:38 pm
Topic: RE: TRS Active Care BCBS
I am on TRS ative care and you better get in ASAP because I am with Scott and white and this is the last year they are paying for it.. GOOD LUCK PEACE
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views