What do you say to yourself on hard days?

Houston2004
on 9/30/11 5:32 am

On days when you are tempted to eat all kinds of things you shouldn't, and you want to keep yourself on track, what do you say to yourself that works for you? Looking for inspiration for hard days!

Cathy G.  (14 months post RNY, at goal)

Vivian Prouty
on 9/30/11 11:26 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Cathy,

I usually tell myself that eating things like I am tempted with at that moment are the things that up me up to near 300 lbs.  I never want to be that weight again.    Sometimes I go for a walk when I am tempted to eat something or remove myself from where that particular food is.   There are many many things that you can do to prevent yourself from eating things that temp you.

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Laura in Texas
on 10/1/11 11:02 pm
Cathy, hang in there!! I just look at my girls and know that I need to stay healthy for them. For me, I know 3 pounds can easily turn into 200 again. I'll admit I am a bit obsessed even after 3 years. I make the absolute right choices 90% of the time, but 10% of the time, I do give in.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 10/2/11 11:17 pm - Houston, TX
Take a look at some before pictures and never forget where you came from..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
mkbeany
on 10/3/11 5:27 am
I know it sounds crazy, but on those days, I run to Kohls or Target or JCP and I try on clothes.

I have gone from a 4x to a Large.

I put on sumthin cute and I stand there in the mirror.

And I just say "don't mess this up".

I don't need to buy anything...just put it on...a regular size from a regular store.

This tactic works well for me. *Esp on those days...like Saturdays...when drive thru seem easy and tempting.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Houston2004
on 10/3/11 12:33 pm
Thanks everybody for your responses!! Keep them coming, these are good ideas!
Cathy  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views