Zoloft question

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 7/19/10 5:57 am - Houston, TX
Does anyone take Zoloft and if so what were some of the side effects??  Also what milligram..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Kim T.
on 7/19/10 6:08 am - Mesquite, TX
I took either 100 or 150 mg of Zoloft a long time ago.  It didn't help me at all.  This medication can have bad side effects, so watch it closely.

Here are some of the symptoms:

• nausea
  • diarrhea
  • constipation
  • vomiting
  • dry mouth
  • gas or bloating
  • loss of appetite
  • weight changes
  • drowsiness
  • dizziness
  • excessive tiredness
  • headache
  • pain, burning, or tingling in the hands or feet
  • nervousness
  • uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
  • sore throat
  • changes in sex drive or ability
  • excessive sweating
SOME MORE SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS:
You may become suicidal, especially at the beginning of your treatment and any time that your dose is increased or decreased. You should call your doctor right away if you experience any of the following symptoms: new or worsening depression; thinking about harming or killing yourself, or planning or trying to do so; extreme worry; agitation; panic attacks; difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep; aggressive behavior; irritability; acting without thinking; severe restlessness; and frenzied abnormal excitement
Deb *.
on 7/19/10 7:32 am
I was on Zoloft for years before surgery (and when I was with my ex).  If I remember right I think I was on 100mg.  Biggest side effect I found out later, was after being on it for a couple of years the chance of weight gain increases significantly.  It did make a big difference for me with my mood though. 

Debbi

Vivian Prouty
on 7/19/10 7:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Ramon......I took Zoloft for probably 6 yrs.   I loved it....worked great for me till I decided I didn't "need" antidepressants.    It is probably the HARDEST antidepressant IMHO to get off of.   But now....that is just ME.....others may have no problem.    Glad to see your smiling face !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Melissa M.
on 7/19/10 1:39 pm, edited 7/19/10 1:40 pm - Seabrook, TX
I tried if for a short time many moons ago and it didn't work for me. I felt like a zombie because I was so sleepy all the time. All I did was yawn nonstop seemed like. I couldn't function like that at all. I tried wellbutrin for a while and that worked well for me.

Melissa
Duodenal Switch - July 2006
Baylor Residency Program - Houston, TX -
June 2009/March 2010
Lalocaweta
on 7/21/10 6:44 am - Spicewood, TX
That was the first anti-depressant I tried - many years ago. Since then have tried Celaxa, Pristique, and now on Effexor. (300 mg). I liked Pristique better, but it is pretty new and my insurance won't cover it.
The side effects listed for Zoloft are pretty typical of all anti-depressants.
(Keep in mind my dosage is kind of high due to my PTSD.)
Anne
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
meggieintx
on 7/21/10 11:28 am - Fort Worth, TX
Haven't tried Zoloft but have been on anti depressents for about 10 years. Took trying 2-3 till I found effexor worked for me then had to find the right dose. After my RNY the effexor no longer worked so I switched to liquid prosac and it has been great. All of them have possible side effects. You may have none or all of them but it really is different person to person. Good luck, they can really make a difference and improve your life. I think I had been suffering from depression a lot of my life and wish I had had some better help for it earlier. take care,

Meggie
Megan 
Dwanny
on 7/22/10 8:32 am - Springtown, TX
Ramon, please note that everyone's different, and what works for one person, might not for another.
That said, I was on 150mgs for I can't remember how long, but I never really noticed a difference in mood.
But I had to get off of it, cause I had really horrible dreams!!!
And the 2nd time I was on Wellbutrin, I craved meat to the point that I ALMOST stopped at a bar-b-que place. I've been an ethical vegetarian since 87.
I'm now on Celexa and feel great.
Except today with some situational depression--see my "bummed out" post.
But, that will sort itself out as I find out more.

The only good cat is a sleeping cat...>^--^< zzzzzzz

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views