Six years ago today..

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 7/7/10 1:56 am - Houston, TX
I can not believe it has been six years since my life took a major turn..  I was blessed with RNY on that day.. I would not trade it for the world..  I have had my ups and downs.. The ups include being in OH magazine, speaking for OH, appearing on Big Medicine.. Traveling all over the US and Canada, meeting people that consider me an inspiration, being a pebble, meeting life long friends ( no matter how bad I screw up), and of course getting healthier..

The downs have been another thing.. Most of them I brought on myself so I have no one to blame.. Those include dying twice.. Once due to the fact that I didn't stop smoking, before surgery, and coding due to my oxygen levels bottoming out.. The second time was due to drowning when I fainted, due to not taking my vitamins on a regular basis like we are supposed to do.. We have to remember that this is a lifestyle change and we must do what we are told..

I have made several bad choices along the way and done some things that I shouldn't have.  These choices caused pain and anger to those that loved me.. I want to tell You that I am sorry.  Just know that I am not a bad person just a sick person trying to get well..

Another bad is the way I have treated people that trusted me..  I am sorry for the pain that I caused you.  I know I am not worst person in the world and I never claimed to be the best I just want to be good..  I owe you guys..

Okay enough of the Bad stuff.. I have been very blessed too.. I have people in my life that I would have never met.. Some of them are not around but still made a big influence in my life.. I can still remember my first OH convention.. PRE-OP weighing almost 500 pounds and being accepted.. This was all made possible by Rachel and Yvonne.. Thank you all so much.. Rachel.. Good luck on your marriage..

Y, what can be said about you?  I love you.. You were the first person I talked to on OH and you were an angel on Earth.. A real God-send..  I wish that one day I can be half the person you are.. I know that I am setting high standards, I just have to try to do what I can.. Did you ever know that you're my hero, and everything I would like to be?  Again, I love you..

And then you all know I couldn't an OH post without talking about my Pretty Girl..  Debra, do I need to say anything?  Well you know me, I love to hear myself talk.. I love you.. I know we have been through hell and back and it hasn't been easy at all.. You were by my side both times that I died and never left me alone..  That means so much to me..  I guess when I got my tattoo, for Big Medicine, it was a foreshadowing.. I guess I will still be here.. Please know that you too are my hero.. You have taken me places and shown me things that I never would have experienced had I not met you.. Thank you for everything, I love you and like my tattoo says I will still be here..

I know I have left people off here and I am sorry just know that I know I am a blessed man and if you are on this journey with me and the others.. Stop right now and take your vitamins.. LOL..

Thanks for everything..

PEACE
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
marianacc
on 7/7/10 3:00 am - Mexico
 CONGRATS!!!!! You are such an inspiration for all of us!!  hope u have many healthy n happy years to come!, im now 2.5 years out crazy huh. hope u still inspiring newbies! n all the wls comunity
i hope i can make it to the Houston conference this year, i'm starting to look up to it!

hugs.

lisaboss
on 7/7/10 3:22 am - Corinth, TX
CONGRATS Ramon!  You have been an inspiration to many of us and I'm pleased to say I've had the opportunity to visit with in person on a couple of occasions.  Glad to hear you are doing better and hope nothing but smooth sailing here out for you!

I will tell you that your vitamin journey has kept me honest and taking my vitamins reguarly.  So, if you've wondered, 'did it make a difference?'... the answer is yes - to at least one person out here :)

My latest check was wonderful and the doctor told me to keep up the good work!

Lisa from Texas - Go Aggies Go!!!
Before/atWLS/Current 
313/290/

Deedles
on 7/7/10 5:27 am - Highlands, TX
Congratulations! Like Lisa.....the challenges you, and others, have had with vitamins is what keeps me very anal about taking mine. So good has come out of some of your bad!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Vivian Prouty
on 7/7/10 6:51 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Ramon.....you,  Debra, and Yvonne have ALWAYS  been inspirations to me.    From the first time that I met the 3 of you at the Obesity Walk in Dallas several years back I have felt a connection to the 3 of you.    We have learned from your mistakes and I pray none of us ever have to go through what you and Debra have.    You also inspire us daily with the Grateful Post.    Thank you for allowing me to post it for you when you are not in town or can't get to a computer.    It inspires me so much and we all do have so very much in our lives to be SO GRATEFUL for.    Whether we admit it or not !!!   I am so blessed to have you 3 in my life even if it is just through emails or posts on OH.   Thank you for everything that you have ever done for us on the TMB and on Obesity Help.   You are a HERO to so many of us !!!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart and HAPPY SURGIVERSARY !!!  Can't believe it is almost 5 yrs. for me !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Dwanny
on 7/7/10 7:11 am - Springtown, TX
Dear Ramon,
I hope to meet you someday soon, save a hug for me!!
You are an inspiration.
Now, re your mistakes, what's important is that you've learned from them.
I'd love to share your story with my #1 cheerleader, what's the best website to send to her?
Stay sweet,
Sue

The only good cat is a sleeping cat...>^--^< zzzzzzz

George T.
on 7/7/10 2:12 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Here is a good place to start: 

http://yvonnemccarthy.com/ramon%20page.html

You can watch the videos where I believe he tells most of the story.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Debra F.
on 7/7/10 11:06 pm - Houston, TX
congrates on the 6 years.... what a roller coaster ride..... glad we can still laugh at my first email to you just my curiosity had to ask you those questions....lol..... sorry didnt post yesterday.... its been a tough week for me.....

take the vitamins.....love you too... who knew you, me and Y would do all the things we have done together.....
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
1st Surgery/Revision/Today
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Co- Founder www.rydobesity.com
dasie
on 7/8/10 3:09 am
That was  sincerely and genuinely special.  Each day I learn so much from this site.  You are an inspiration.

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views