Grateful Post..

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 6/27/10 11:33 pm - Houston, TX
Good Monday Morning..

Today I am grateful..

For a great weekend..

For self control

For getting to spend time with Stromboli..

For the men that jumped in, so unselfishly, to save my life, when I drowned last year.  When I was spending time with Stromboli I realized had those men not jumped in.  I would not have been able to spend time with him..

For Debra.. Thank you for everything this weekend..  I had a great time.. I love you..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Kim T.
on 6/27/10 11:59 pm - Mesquite, TX
Welcome back!!!  It is so nice to see you posting the Grateful Post.

Remember.... One day at a time.

Today I am grateful....

To know that you are getting better.  I am so glad to see that.

For my best friend Kim.  I had the best weekend I have had in a very long time.... and no partying LOL.

For opening my eyes to things/someone that that has been in front of me for a while.

For learning to love myself.

For a God that doesn't give up on me, even when I do.

For all of my friends and family that care.

For my family.

For strength.

-Kim T
Phyllis M.
on 6/28/10 12:20 am - Irving, TX
YES ! I agree      WELCOME BACK.....NOT that Vivian didn't do a great job posting  - but this is YOUR thread !!  lol.    Changes are sometimes hard to get over.     Know what I mean?

I'm grateful for the time I get with my dad this year.  I don't think that he is doing all that well - now that I see it for myself...................MANY YEARS OF SMOKING LIKE A CHIMNEY HAS TAKEN ITS TOLL ON HIS LUNGS.

I'm grateful that I got to see some OLD classmates on Sat night.  Closed some chapters and talked to my BFF about it  - really helped !!  She had NO idea !     

I may be leading someone on to WLS   He's been thinking about it - but he is a CEO of a company and worried about the lifestyle AFTER surgery and his "traveling" eating out.
I referred him to our website for hugs, love and support and knowledge cuz you all are the greatest !!

Friends
Surgery and just life in general !!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY! 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 6/28/10 1:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Phyllis.....you look SO PRETTY in this picture.  Love your blouse and you truely look happy to have gotten to see your school friend !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Phyllis M.
on 6/28/10 10:38 am - Irving, TX
Thanks Vivian -  yes - this trip was about seeing Pausha, my dad, a couple of old family friends and to close some chapters.......DONE !           I was so excited to seeher...  we've known each other since b4  K.....

As for the blouse -  its new from Dress Barn....Yes - I treatd myself to a couple of shirts...I needed some pants....but that didn't happen. I went into there to find  a dressy pant suit -  Didn't happen either !!

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 6/28/10 11:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Hey Phyllis....I can't count the times I went into a store to buy something and came out with something different.   LOL   SO glad you are having the time of your life and got to see Pausha.    You deserve the very best in life.   Love ya girl.    

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Vivian Prouty
on 6/28/10 1:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Ramon......SO glad to see you back.   We love you and remember this is YOUR post...not mine !!!   

Grateful today for :

Second chances at life ( as a normal size person),

Life and health,

WLS,

Friends and family,

Love and acceptance from others,

Encouragement that is so very important on this WL journey,

Newbies on the MB's,

For the chance of rain and praying hard we will get some,

My faith and answered prayers,

Obesity  Help, Support Groups and upcoming Houston OH Conference in Nov. !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

HLB
on 6/28/10 11:47 am - Fort Worth, TX
Much to be grateful about here.....

Super supportive husband who can't wait for me to scream in excitement when I actually weigh less than him (closing in on a 6 pound gap, down from about a 35 pound gap)

That same supportive husband who exercises with me when I am rip-raring to go, encourages me to exercise with him when I really should but don't feel like it, and let's me get away with a few lazy days when I need them (or have earned them)

Employment - while I'm not overjoyed most days, it pays the bills and I'm happy to have it

The beautiful women I work with who are supportive of my weight loss - the one who knows about WLS and the rest of them who don't

The upcoming 3-day weekend!

The health changes and the avoidance of comorbidities that come with a new life - I was lucky not to have any serious issues that required treatment before, but already I have lowered my resting heart rate by about 50 bpm, and my "normal" bp is now in a low range (still healthy, though).  I'm glad I made the decision to spend the money on WLS BEFORE I qualified medically.

For the wisdom willingly shared by all of you on these boards

High Weight 255 (4/09)  Decision Day Weight 238( 4/2/10)    Surgery Weight 223 (4/19/10)   Goal Weight 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views