Its a Tragedy

John K
on 2/7/10 8:26 pm - Katy, TX
I got on a scale this morning.     Anyway, to make a long story short, it read 315. 110 lbs. lighter than my heaviest, but up 60 from my lowest. Yeah, I have put on 60 lbs. Anyway, sitting here drinking a protein drink for breakfast. Time to get back to the basics.

All you noobs pay heed. Stick to your plan.

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

Gina L.
on 2/7/10 9:15 pm - Bryan, TX
You are NOT alone John!!! I am up 21 from my lowest, still down 89 pounds, but up 21 and struggling! Bill is too. Us oldtimers that are experiencing gain need to band together for support! We can do it!!!

Hugz,
Gina

Gina L
263/162/151/162
Pre-Op/Goal/June '08/Current
26W/8's/12
"Livin' Large, But Not Morbidly Obese!"

timsdanni
on 2/7/10 9:43 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
John - feel for you - I'm back to the basics with a plan and so far going ok but we will see in a week or two if I can really pull it off -

I am planning and tracking EVERYthing that goes in my mouth - keep telling myself it is hurting ME when I lie to the computer about what I ate - or when I "forget" to add in that extra bit - no one else really gives a shyt what I enter in it only effects ME - please feel free to smack me with a 2x4 with this written on it :) b/c it is hard to not slip into bad habits  - spent most of my life hiding what I ate so this is a biggie for me

You can get it back off - you will have to work at it but you have some great assests - your knowledge, your wife and your support system - your tool does still work just not as well as at first - get shyron to explain that part - she had to for me but it makes sence - it still controls volume but not absorption of fat protien and carbs as well - vits are a differnt thing they will always malabsorb  - figures huh

just do it John - get up and have that protien drink walk the kid or the dog or your pet rock everyday - water, protien, vits and MOVEMENT!!! every single day - that is how it came off before and that is how it'll come off agian

hop on Karla's thread if you have time - acountblity is a good thing

hugs
Danni
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

John K
on 2/7/10 10:57 pm - Katy, TX
I agree! I know everything you said is the key. And I really think that movement is probably the most important.

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

beckyhagens
on 2/7/10 9:58 pm - New Braunfels, TX
sounds to me like this might be a great topic for an OH conference...   just sayin...

hang in there buddy and for you for knowing it and addressing it.

Becky

forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different

Vivian Prouty
on 2/7/10 10:45 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Becky.....FYI......Kim is working on getting someone to speak on weight gain after WLS.     I PMed her along with many others letting her know that there is a "great need" for this subject at the conference.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

beckyhagens
on 2/7/10 11:21 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Viv,

Yeah, I know and I am very very appreciative of it.  I am not in the major regain point yet but I think this is a major major issue that needs to be addressed along with the BURNOUT that us 'new' oldtimers feel.

I know Kim is working very hard on this for the conference.  Thanks for keeping her in the loop.  We appreciate you.

Becky

forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different

Gina L.
on 2/8/10 12:00 am - Bryan, TX
Us "old" oldtimers feel the burnout too!!! When I had surgery, I said I wasn't doing this to watch every little thing that went in my mouth...I did that for most of my life! I still don't feel like I should have to count calories and weigh and measure portions, etc. Just don't have the oomph to do it! I'm sure the naysayers would come back with..well, you didn't care and look what's happened! Got ya, doesn't make burnout any less there!!!

You are right beck! This is a MAJOR issue and I am seeing more and more of it every single day on here!!! thanks for your comments and especially for your support!!!

hugz,
Gina L

Gina L
263/162/151/162
26W/8's/12

cajungirl
on 2/8/10 3:15 am
Just don't have the oomph to do it! I'm sure the naysayers would come back with..well, you didn't care and look what's happened! Got ya, doesn't make burnout any less there!!!

I could of written these EXACT words Gina!  Amen Sista, this long-term crap is for the birds somedays.  I don't want to be consumed with choices, weighing, logging every freakin damn day.

Does this give a free-for-all, no it doesn't.  Do I need to find the balance that I "want" to live with, yes ma'am.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Gina L.
on 2/8/10 3:18 am - Bryan, TX
Helps so much to know I am not alone! When you find that balance Sweet Dana, please let me know or kick my ass and get my attention! Like my boss says, i have the want to of a gnat!

Hugz,
Gina

Gina L
263/162/151/162
26W/8's/12

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024