Possible Bowel Obstruction.

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 2/8/10 12:32 am - Houston, TX
I have been having a lot of pain lately and read about a possible bowel obstruction.. I just have a question for anyone that has had a bowel obstruction.. Were you able to have regular bowel monvements when you were going through this?  I have noticed that I have pain after eating and it hurts like hell..

I have a doctor's appointment today and I am going to ask for a CT scan but what else do I have them check?
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
meggieintx
on 2/8/10 12:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
GET To YOUR DOC!! Yes if it is a partial bowel obstruction you can have bms.
meggie
Megan 
Batwingsman
on 2/8/10 1:25 am - Garland, TX
 Hi Ramon ..   Yes, good to get that possibilty checked out, the sooner the better ..

Although I have not had an actual BO, I was worried that I might have one a week or two ago, so I read up a lot on it.   Plus, I think someone on here posted a helpful symptom chart for BOs earlier last week, if you can find it.  If the obstruction is only partial, it is possible to still have BMs, although they may be altereed somewhat in appearance, size-wise.  As the obstruction becomes more "complete", it is possible to have only diarrhea getting through  ..  Once it becomes "complete", then there is no output at all (think of the stuff in a clogged drain backing up - ugh!) ..   

Hopefully it is just something else in passing ..   Good luck and prayers going your way .. 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

dw45
on 2/8/10 1:38 am, edited 2/8/10 1:39 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Hello Ramon!

I was hospitalized for 3 days last Thanksgiving for a bowel obstruction.  The pain was so severe that I thought I was dying!! They put me on a (3) day no food by mouth diet.  If it had not cleared they were going to do surgery.  Luckily, it did clear and I was released the 3rd day from the hospital.  The doctor said it may or may not happen to me again.  I'm hoping NOT!    The day I was hospitalized I had severe gas and gas pains.  No BM's.

Wishing you the BEST!!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

sricheybc
on 2/8/10 4:59 am
RNY on 03/30/09 with
Ramon,

My situation started out as slight pain in both my left and right sides, and pretty severe pain in the middle of my abdomen, right above my belly button.  I was still having regular bowel movements--no change there.  I saw my surgeon last Thursday and he scheduled day surgery for the following day.  He told me that it sounded like an obstruction, and he would rather check it out than let it go.  I'm so glad you are going to see your doctor today.  Please let us know what you find out.  My prayers are with you.

My ordeal took a turn for the worse.  I will post later and update everyone.

Take care!

Stephanie  253/241/169/155

cajungirl
on 2/8/10 6:03 am
Not sure how I missed this earlier Ramon but yes get yourself checked out.  BMs can happen if you have a kink or a partial obstruction; a "full" obstruction and no BMs, no passing of gas. 

Have them check for kinks, obstruction and even an ulcer which will hurt after eating or when your pouch is empty even and depending on what type of food you are eating.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 2/8/10 8:45 am - Houston, TX
They said everything was fine.. I am okay.. The pain is scar tissue.. I will be okay just have to tough it out.. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Batwingsman
on 2/9/10 6:53 pm - Garland, TX
 Good to hear it was not a BO, Ramon ..  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Phyllis M.
on 2/9/10 11:20 pm - Irving, TX

whew !!   Glad you are okay......

Take care and listen to the body.  
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/10 9:04 am - GA
When I had my partial bowel obstruction, I do not recall having any BM's once the pain started.  My pain was centered along my waist line, near by belly button, but it seemed liked it was radiating from my belly button.  Once my pain started, it continually got severe to the point that I gave in to the pain and went to the ER.  They ran a CT scan with contrast.  I ended up having surgery the next afternoon, and yes it was scar tissue causing the blockage.
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views