Have you ever thought about????

adasha
on 5/19/04 1:27 am - Beaumont, TX
Have you ever thought about what the amount of weight you have lost actually looks like? I remember when Oprah lost all of that weight and brought her "weight" out in a wagon full of beef fat. It was horrifying to her to know she was carrying that around, she said. When shopping at the grocery store, I picked up a pound of ground beef. Then I looked back into the bin and saw about 20 of them still there. I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh, I've lost 86 of these. I was carrying around 86 of these on my body." There's no way I could possibly pick up 86 packages of ground beef! I cannot believe my poor body had to carry that around! No wonder I couldn't walk around without breathing heavy! No wonder everything always hurt!!! This really puts it in perspective when you can visualize it!!!! Adasha Knight Newlife Diva 247/161
Linda_Jones
on 5/19/04 1:31 am - Pearland, TX
Good analogy, Adasha! A friend who had wls says she thinks of her weight loss in terms of 5-pound bags of potatoes. She's lost 24 bags of potatoes. I like the ground beef analogy better because it's even grosser than carrying around potatoes! Icky! Let's see.... I've lost 18.8 5-pound packages of ground beef. Hugs from Linda The Irish Diva Linda
Melissa Crabtree
on 5/19/04 1:38 am - Arlington, TX
I could have made the Shepherd's Pie that everyone at the Convention was served on Sunday! Go Figure! 63 lbs of ground meat & 63 lbs of potatoes!! DiamondDiva (the other) Melissa_C 408/282/ - 126lbs
Geema Laura
on 5/19/04 1:53 am - Plano, TX
A quick post while the kiddos are at recess! I think of it in terms of stick of butter or margerine. Four sticks to a pound so..... the number of pounds you've lost times 4. I've lost 19 pounds while waiting for surgery so I've lost 76 sticks of butter. Laura
The-Irish-Lassie
on 5/19/04 2:24 am - Brazoria, TX
I have never thought of it like this...and will never look at the meat dept. the same again. I hope that all is going good in your world. I don't hear from you anymore. Is it something I said. I promise I have brushed my teeth and put on deoderant since the last time I saw you at the hospital. No really, I hope all is going good with the kidos and the ex. I have been praying for all of you. Take care of you Adasha! Shannon The Irish Lassie aka Irish Angel Diva 3/17/04 -43
Attitude N. T.
on 5/19/04 2:57 am - Baytown/Houston, Tx
I've always measured my weight with potatoes... I have lost 28, 5lbs bags of potatoes Huggs Tina 315/171/145? (one day)
Yvonne McCarthy
on 5/19/04 3:15 am - Plano, TX
Since it's the heaviest thing that I usually have to carry, it's cat food bags. When I get two 60 pound bags I'm thinking I can't carry this to the elevator...I'll have to do one at a time. Uh right, I was carrying both of those babies on me. My husband really put it in perspective concerning Bo. He lost a big football player on the Dallas Cowboys (Larry Allen). Wow, that's an accomplishment. I can't imagine how we carried that weight and it proves that our bodies can do some incredible things when we need them to.
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/19/04 5:27 am - Houston, TX
I was going to use that analogy.. Hell I was thinking Kirk has lost a PRE-OP ME.. Because on July 7th that will all start to change. And hopefully by the end of it I will be carrying about 250 less than my orginal weight in November. HAVE A GOOD DAY.. PEACE
RINDA B.
on 5/19/04 3:27 am - GALVESTON, TX
What about those big huge briskets?? What do those weigh? About 8 pounds? How about sticking 10 or 11 of those on you and walking around. Wow, thinking of it in these terms really makes me want to get these last 15 briskets off me quick! Thanks Adasha for making me remember that, i think i must have made myself forget about that. I'm glad to see you post, I've missed you. Maybe sometime you and I and July can get together, I'd like to talk to you sometime when I'm not in a gown. Rinda Burnett -40ish
Shelly I.
on 5/19/04 4:01 am - Odessa, TX
That IS a good analogy Adasha...thanks alot for the new image to torture me! You know I am kidding Sweetie. You did make me look at all the pain I put my body through in a new perspective. I just wish I could take my feet off (so that I could reach them better!) and give them an incredible massage and a good cuddle. Love ya Adasha! Shelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views