OT - What would you do?

SassySamara
on 5/10/04 9:31 am - San Antonio, TX
I do not have kids yet so I can't really offer to much help on this other than I know that this does not sound like a fun situation to say the least! I hope everything works out for you and your kids Adasha! Samara 281/188/160
Anne F.
on 5/10/04 10:47 am - Spring, TX
The mistake my parent made, which effected me the rest of my life... they hated each other more then they loved any of us. Sorry I can not offer any advise, like everyone else, I can pray for you and your children. May you find happier days, peace and understanding, and ultimately resolution. -Anne
jane G.
on 5/10/04 11:52 am - houston, TX
Adasha, Hi, by the way it was good meeting you last week at lunch. Sorry we didn't get to talk more. I am so sorry for you and your Daughter. I will think of both of you and prayer. I think you did the right thing. Document every move he Makes! Jane Blue eyed diva
Jennifer H.
on 5/10/04 2:45 pm - Plano, TX
Adasha, I sighed as I read the first few paragrahs of your post because I could predict the ending. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard about like situations. As you might have already figured out, Texas law does not really support this type of 'temporary" change in custody arrangement. Instead, it would treat this as a "voluntary relinquishment" and would be considered a reason to give your ex custody. It is good that you have her back and have enrolled her in school. Better than the alternative, which was probably him filing a suit to permanently change custody very soon. It sounds like he was really counting on that. Hopefully, he will cool down and realize that she wants to be with you and he should back off. If not, you should certainly be making detailed notes about his actions and his words for later use. It would be best to consult with an attorney to make sure your current legal orders are adequate to handle this situation. It is possible to get a court order preventing disparaging remarks in front of the kids. As a mom, I really see how you are trying to listen to you kids and respond to them. They need that support. Just don't ever let your desire to please them get in the way of protecting them---especially from their dad. You sound like a really great mom. I am so sorry your family is going through this. I hope this helps. Jeni
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views