TRS Active Care BCBS

annrenee black
on 4/29/04 1:26 pm - Dallas, TX
Has anyone been approved without a 6 month medically supervised diet by TRS active care after April 9th, or know of anyone who has? Just curious as to how hard the changes have hit TRS members. I am absolutely panicd to say the least that I won't be approved now. Thanks, Morgan
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/29/04 1:38 pm - Houston, TX
I am on TRS ative care and you better get in ASAP because I am with Scott and white and this is the last year they are paying for it.. GOOD LUCK PEACE
annrenee black
on 4/29/04 1:49 pm - Dallas, TX
When did TRS receive your letter from your surgeon and when were you approved?
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/29/04 2:03 pm - Houston, TX
all I had to get was a referral from my PCP and I was basically done.. But then again I had a BMI of 62 with diabetes and joint pain. Plus my insurance is Scott and White insurance and they are the one's paying for me to go their hospital. I am sorry I can't help you. But I finish up my 6 months next Tuesday and I have to wait until July 7th for my surgery.. PEACE
j S.
on 4/30/04 1:49 am - highland village, TX
I have TRS Activcare BCBS. I sent my packet in for a revision. They have requested more info before they make a decision. I am getting that together. I can tell you that they are covering the surgery for the 2004-2005 school year. They are making people stick to the criteria, it looks like. I have to show nutritional/exercise compliance. BCBS won't tell me what exactly that means. I did look on their website, and it looks like you have to have 12 months of supervised diet. Click on http://www.bcbstx.com/medpolicy . Click on surgery and go to page 9. For original surgeries, it gives you the criteria. Good Luck to you. Isn't this a royal pain in the A!
st_mel
on 5/1/04 12:44 am - Waco, TX
Thanks for the link! I am also on TRS and had wondered what I would require.
Janet H.
on 4/30/04 7:27 am - Dallas, TX
Ok, wait a minute, I have missed something. Where does it say in the policy that we have to have a medically supervised diet for 6 months before they will approve? We sent my paperwork in on 3/22 but they said they never got it and I just had my doctor send it in yesterday again. Help! Someone please tell me I have not missed the boat on this?
Black D.
on 5/2/04 2:08 pm - dallas, TX
I have TRS Active Care BCBS and I had to have evidence of five years of trying to loose weight. What helped me was that a year and a half of this was medically supervised because I was on weight lose medication.
Angela S.
on 5/4/04 10:32 am - Wills Point, TX
What about those of us who can lose, but can't keep it off??? Where do we fall in here? I could lose weight in that 12 months, but based on past history, it will not stay off!!! I read in another post that BCBS just approved the lap-band...anyone know if the requirements will be the same????
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views