URGENT !! NEED A STRESS TEST and PSYCH REFERRAL

susiq
on 4/29/04 3:02 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I'm down to my last 2 tests to be done and I waited almost 2 months to have my Stress test done. I was scheduled to see the Dr at 1pm and then do the test at 2pm. I saw the Dr at 230pm and he tells me I'm too heavy for their machinary to do the stress test. I was so mad !! I told the Dr that when someone calls in for clearance for the Gastro Bypass surgery they should ask then how much they weight. I told the Dr he wasted 2 months of my time plus half the day waiting for him.
mspiggysu B.
on 4/29/04 3:07 am - TX
I am sorry that you are having this problem and time seems wasted. I hope they referred you to a place that will work out for you. Wasn't this doctor aware of why the tests were scheduled? Since this happened I would be sure the Psycharist does weight related studies also -before you end up seeing two of them too. Didn't your surgeon give you a list of names that he works with? You didn't mention that as to how you ended up with one that couldn't help you.
Ann B.
on 4/29/04 3:26 am - Dallas, TX
I am sorry this happened. I had mine with Dr High near Baylor. She was wonderful and I got my clearance. I weighed 423. Good luck to you Ann
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/29/04 3:46 am - Houston, TX
Can't they do a stress test by shooting something into your heart. I have heard that they can because when I was going to have one they were going to do it another way. Ask them if there is an alternative.
twinmsb
on 4/29/04 4:00 am - pasadena, TX
SO suggest a chemical induced stress test. My dr. here in Houston does them all the time. mary pre-op 100+
Rhonda W.
on 4/29/04 4:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
I was told I could not do a stress test because I weighed to much to get on the machine so therefore I did not have to do one. Maybe you should call the Doctor back that is doing the surgery and ask tell him what the other doctor said and maybe you will not be required to have one done either. Love Diva
Andi K.
on 4/29/04 4:22 am - Abilene, TX
I know you're frustration, I was jerked around for a year and a half in Omaha, Nebraska by 2 different Dr.s when I was trying to get my surgery up there. I came down here to Abilene 9 months ago, didnt start my surgery process until November, and I had mine a week ago yesterday. Things can get very frustrating when you are 489 lbs and constantly have these brick walls being thrown up in your face. Things will get better I promiss. I waited 2 years in total for my surgery but now that its done it was all worth it. I can say that cause I'm still on pain meds haha, but seriously one week and one day after mine and i'm pretty much back to normal the only thing I can't do is sleep on my side. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Angelic Diva Andrea 489/200/482 -7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grace H.
on 4/29/04 5:17 am - Vidor, TX
I'm sorry the Dr. did this to you.. He should have know are been more competent about the stress test he ordered. I will keep you in prayers that things will work out for you... Hugs, Grace
Elaine-SugarLand
on 4/29/04 5:30 am - Sugar Land, TX
YOU CAN HAVE A PHARMACALOLOGICAL STRESS TEST DONE. THEY INJECT A MEDICATION THAT CAUSES THE HEART TO GO INTO STRESS. I HAD ONE DONE, BECAUSE I COULDN`T DO A REGULAR STRESS TEST, BECAUSE I HAVE SEVERE BACK PROBLEMS. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR, HE CAN ORDER IT, OR SEND YOU TO A CARDIOLOGIST, WHO WILL ORDER IT. I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU. LOVE, ELAINE AKA SUNSHINE DIVA -87 222/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views