LOCKS OF LOVE

neverett
on 4/28/04 11:38 pm - Houston, TX
A couple of days after surgery I had to get my long hair cut..it got tangled up in my IV & catheter lines in ICU & regular room..(nurses just took scissors & cut..grrrrrr...) then it had gotten all knotted from laying on my back in recliner ect....well to make a long story short...I went to the beauty shop & donated 14" to the Locks of Love program. It is a program that takes hair & turns it into wigs for cancer kids. Well, yesterday I received a letter & pic. from a young lady (11 yrs.) that was sooo.. grateful to have "hair" again. I balled for hours I even had my 9 yr. old son in tears My hair has grown almost 4 inches since the donation & I am growing it long again to donate. I am on my 9th week out from surgery & I only hope that my hair doesn't fall out too bad.... Nikki-Pixie Diva RNY LAP 2-23-04 -60
skye56
on 4/28/04 11:45 pm - Amarillo, TX
Hey Nikki - I've heard of that program and seen it on tv. I think what you've done is awesome!! Makes ya feel good knowing you've helped someone - especially a young person, huh! Kudos to you, girl! Biker Diva
Melissa C.
on 4/28/04 11:46 pm
Nikki your a true ANGEL of LOVE ((HUGS)) I knew a young lady a few years ago that at the age of 8 she announced to her parents that she was growing her hair out and then giving it to LOCKS of LOVE. Her parents agreed and encouraged her all the way, even when she wanted to cut her hair (before her cut date). Well Laura did donate tons of inches of her hair to a sweet child that was totally in need of hair due to chemo treatment. Sadly, two years ago the Angels above took Laura from us on Christmas Eve. But again Laura was able to help others with organ donations. Everytime I think Of LOCKS of LOVE I think of my sweet friend that donated so much love and kindness in her short little life. Mel
The-Irish-Lassie
on 4/28/04 11:56 pm - Brazoria, TX
Where did you go to do this? I am wanting to cut my hair off. I have always kept my hair long so that I could hide under it. Now that I am losing weight I don't need to hide anymore, nor do I want to. I was talking to someone at Dr. Davis's meeting last night and they were telling me about this. I am interested I will have a 19" of hair to donate. I just don't know where to do it. If you could help me that would be great. Irish Angel Diva
Julie with a Y
on 4/29/04 1:17 am - Katy, TX
Hey Shannon -I was just thinking of you and this program until I scrolled down more and saw your post. If you decide to do it - let me know and I will come watch!! My 3 inches I cut off just weren't enough! July
cathyarcher
on 4/29/04 2:42 am - Plainview, TX
My 12 yr old has donated 14 inches of her hair and I have 47 inches to donate - someday! Just go to http://www.locksoflove.org and follow instructions. It is easy and worth it! Cathy
kary1026
on 4/29/04 12:05 am - the woodlands, TX
Awww isnt that sweet.... I am a hairstylist & we send in those long ponytails we cut off... Makes you feel good to help someone else like that, it totally makes them feel so much better
Elaine-SugarLand
on 4/29/04 12:08 am - Sugar Land, TX
DEAR NIKKI, I THINK THE LOCKS OF LOVE PROGRAM, IS WONDERFUL. CONGRATS ON BEING A DONAR, YOU DID A GREAT THING. CONGRATS ON YOUR AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS. I`M SO EXCITED FOR YOU. LOVE, ELAINE AKA SUNSHINE DIVA -87 222/135
neverett
on 4/29/04 12:19 am - Houston, TX
You can pretty much go into any salon & they have the program. I went to one here in Pearland. You could call some in your area (I know Lake Jackson has some, friend did it there) & ask. My hair cut was free also I know where you are coming from when you say you "hid" in your hair. I have really good hair & it was really long (had to move it to sit on toilet) & I kept it highlighted, maintained ect.....my hair & face was what people always complimented me on.....now It's past my shoulders again & I really like it short, but I am determined to get it long to donate again
Seventh H.
on 4/29/04 1:14 am - TX
that is soooo cool I feels really good to be able to help someone so much. I know you hate losing your hair but it was for such a good cause God Bless 'Ya Vickie RNY 7/18/2003 293/189/ -104
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views