Q.O.T.D.

Jennifer H.
on 4/21/04 12:05 am - Plano, TX
Great question. I am lovin the positive attitude folks are mentioning. I have two more things I did NOT think about before surgery. 1---I am keeping a cleaner house- my theory- my energy level is much higher and I seem to feel like I really deserve better and am CAPABLE of doing more without getting so stressed 2---I am enjoying actually learning to cook! My theory on why--more energy, more time and patience since I am not constanly starving, not having tooo many pre-fixed healthy options at the store, an attitude that if I am only eating a little I want it to be worth it, and finally losing the love/ hate attitude with food that made me feel like I want to avoid thinking about it any more than I already did I am no Martha Steward, but things are way better than they used to be. And thanks to Jan for recommending Flylady's website-what I a help it ahs been! Jeni (LOL-maybe I should change my name to Homemaker Diva)
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/21/04 12:14 am - Houston, TX
I want some reason to be happy. I haven't truly been happy since my brother's murder and it is time for the sad clown just to be a clown for a change. I know it has been 12 years since it happened but it still bothers me. PEACE
relishtx
on 4/21/04 1:40 am - Dallas, TX
My attitude has totally changed as a postie. I wake up and look forward to the day and what it will bring. The closet is no longer a depressing place for me. I no longer think that people are looking at my with pity. The future is now bright. It is still unknown, but it is no longer dark and forbidding. The possibilities are endless as to what I can and will do with the rest of my life. Every now and then I have these moments when it seems like my heart is going to burst and my very soul has wings...this, I remember, is JOY. Mary Beth
Liz_G_Tx
on 4/21/04 3:04 am
Pre-op here, Im looking forward to not spending 20 minutes every morning trying to figure out what to put together to wear, to see if it will fit today and all the stress that goes with it. I used to be so put together, down to the nails and earrings and shoes and hose etc. Now, i just throw something on and come to work. I still wear makeup and fix my hair, but dont do the extras anymore. Also looking foward to not sweating all year round! Looking forward to going to the doc for whatever and him not mentioning weight issues. I actually went to doc for allergy/sinius issues and was told it was due to being overweight! The big thing is im looking forward to getting the recognition and promotions i deserve! Liz
dallaskim37
on 4/21/04 2:42 am - Rockwall, TX
I am enjoying music again. Reading your post the other day about having to pull over made me laugh and cry at the same time. I quit listening to music for the longest time and I don't know why. It had always been a source of comfort and emotional support to me. I think food took over that role and so I gave up music. It's good to know that I did enjoy other things and they're starting to come back to me now that I'm no longer obsessed with food. Kim Disney Diva
philipwife
on 4/21/04 4:19 am - Converse, TX
Revision on 02/13/14
Laughing allot more and my sense of humor around my husband just to make him laugh and he loving the the new me of course I get jealous of myself He said I use to be so sad and down on myself. And my energy is incredible. Learning to love life and myself. Good question Mel
Erin M.
on 4/21/04 5:17 am - Dallas, TX
I can't wait to be able to eat a small salad at a restaurant without having someone look at my plate and then at their dinner partner with this smarmy, knowing expression... to get up and rock my butt off onstage...to look as healthy as I feel...sheesh...you name it...there's SO much to look forward to! Erin **Rocker Diva**
Grace H.
on 4/21/04 6:45 am - Vidor, TX
MELISSA...GREAT QUESTION.... I HAVE NOTICED MY CONFIDENCE HAS GOTTEN BETTER. I CAN WALK IN A ROOM AND NOT BE AS SHY AS I USED TO BE. I LAUGH MORE NOW THEN I DID. I CAN GO OUT IN THE YARD AND PLAY SOFTBALL WITH MY DAUGHTER AND NOT BE OUT OF BREATHE. I HAVE SO MUCH MORE ENERGY NOW. SO THANKFUL FOR THIS PROCEDURE.... STILL O SO SHY DIVA HUGS, GRACE HAVE A GREAT DAY!
SassySamara
on 4/21/04 7:48 am - San Antonio, TX
Post-op I feel more confident and take more chances. In school we give presentations and I notice I am not embarassed and stammering over my words and wondering who is staring at me or what they are saying. It is a big confidence booster to say the least. Samara 281/190/160 Sassy Diva
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views