Good Stuff & Bad Stuff, Some OT-LONG

relishtx
on 4/12/04 2:15 am - Dallas, TX
Thank God Easter is over. My biggest weakness is family get togethers and Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs and Milky Way Rabbits. I am from the country and my mom still lives on our family land there and I went home for the weekend for Easter. Of course my mom always COOKS...and I mean COOKS, at these get togethers. I also have issues being around some members of my family, I am suddenly 10 years old again, dealing with a lazy brother and his nutty wife, an older brother with a superior attitude and his equally superior wife, and my nephews kids (although this year I was rather impressed they were more well behaved) and my nieces out of control 4 year old. It was supposed to be a great Easter as it would be my granddaughters first. But my brothers did not show up as they were mad at me, actually my daughter did something that pissed them off, but I took the blame, they think I did it (I am that lioness in front of her cubs), and told my mother if I was going to be there they weren't coming. Now this was fine with me... that just let us ALL off the hook really of having to deal with thier presence. But it hurt my mothers feelings. They have put her in the middle of this crap, and she basically told them that she wouldn't disown her children no matter what and that they needed to chill. I will mention my oldest brother is well off, big house, multiple cars, 50' houseboat, pontoon party boat, seadoos...all the fun toys. He has no children. His wife has always been "perfect". I have been looked down on by him since I can remember because of my weight...I was not perfect. When I seperated and moved to Dallas on my own, and then eventually when my daughter got pregnant I had to support her,I was living paycheck to paycheck. I had never lived on my own and I was terrified. Do you think Mr MoneyBags EVER offered to help with anything. NO. Did he fund his wifes best friends divorce several years back? YES. Have they helped my mother on her house now that my father died and she has no man around to help? They told her they would redo her bathroom that is having some major problems..have they? NO. Has the other brother ever gone and spent a day to help his 73 year old mother do ANYTHING? NO. He comes down to the farm, plops his ass in the recliner and tells people to shut up he can't hear the TV and eats the food his mother cooks him. While his nutty toadylooking wife usually causes tension because she is jealous of everyone and everything...especially me. She is jealous because I have a grandchild..I am like you need to be thanking God neither of your unwed daughters are pregnant! She told my mother I spend all my money going out every night, my mother just laughed at her and said "well who is keeping the baby while she is out partying?" (my daughter works evenings and nights), "if you and Dan split, you would be out laying around every night." Got to hand it to my mom, she tells it like it is. I was angry and amused at the same time...like the lack of thier presence hurts me? NOT. But I did feel for my mother...and I told my niece that my brothers were both acting childish...and if they were too chicken to confront me directly instead of going through my mother...okay I won't finish that because of all the bad words I said. I hope she relays the message. I am just SO tired of the talking behind peoples back. It is so childish and SO bad for keeping the family together. On the up side, I went to the planning meeting of my high school reunion Friday night and they were all in awe of how I looked. One guy said he would not have known who I was if he met me in the street. It was great...a real spirit lifter. Then saturday night I visited my friend Teri and she called me skinny. It made me smile. Oh and the biggest WLS moment yet, my BF called me Friday while I was at work and said he had mistakenly put on a pair of my black jeans and did not notice the difference till he went to the lil guys room and noticed the pockets were different. And he is a tall skinny guy! That really revved me up! But of course the whole thing with my family clouded everything grey. My appetite was out of control...and I realized last night after I got home that I had not had one bit of water Saturday or Sunday. I was so distracted by all the crap that all discipline went out the window. And the lack of water probably fueled my hunger. I guess this just proves that the surgery is not a magic bullet that fixes everything and if we could just be skinny everthing else will fall in line. Real life is still there with all the crap and problems. I just know that I am emotionally exhausted and so glad to be home. But, its a new week and a new day. Back on the wagon! It is 11:00am and I have already consumed my breakfast of one egg with cheese and two pieces of bacon and 40 oz of water. Sorry this was so long, just had to VENT Mary Beth 283/212/150
WLS_Deb
on 4/12/04 2:23 am - East, Tx
welcome home... your post brings to mind my family issues with some "butt brothers" of mine. I haven't much dealings with them due to some history issues since my divorce in 1999. IM sorry about the butt brother you have. been there done that and got disowned out of his will ...but screw em... God provides just fine. not everyone has the perfect family...wish I could trade mine in on some new ones.... oh well... thats where good friends can come in and fill in the blanks.... welcome home... girl *hugs* totally hair diva 260/149/140 Revision
Elaine-SugarLand
on 4/12/04 2:27 am - Sugar Land, TX
DEAR MARY, I`M SORRY YOUR EASTER WEEKEND TURNED REALLY ROUGH FOR YOU, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE, YOU HAVE A GREAT MOTHER, GOD BLESS HER. SOMETIMES, WE HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR, EVEN THE LITTLE BLESSINGS, GOD SENDS OUR WAY. THE GREAT PART OF YOUR STORY, IS YOU DID GET TO GO HOME, AFTER THE WEEKEND WAS OVER. I WISH YOU THE BEST, IN ALL THAT YOU DO. LOVE, ELAINE AKA SUNSHINE DIVA -84 222/138
relishtx
on 4/12/04 2:36 am - Dallas, TX
I think what this weekend revealed to me, that by becoming physically well and strong, I was able to deal with things emotionally and on a better level. Before I would have taken everything personally, it would have made me cry. And the eating would not have stopped after the weekend was over, it would have fueled a month long (or two) binge that would add 20 lbs or more. Now, none of it mattered to me, except the harm it did my mother. And I was strong enough and sane enough to realize I was not responsible for that. Sunday morning I took my dogs for a walk in the pasture, I suddenly got this huge sense of well being, of being loved, and being happy...one of those genuine moments I can only describe as JOY. I think for the first time I realized the impact this surgery is having on my life. And that there is so much more to come. Thank you so much for your kind words ladies. You help with the soothing of the soul. Mary Beth 283/212/150
Attitude N. T.
on 4/12/04 3:08 am - Baytown/Houston, Tx
Are you sure your not talking about my family?? I am sorry about how your brothers treated you. But, at the same time I would like to THANK YOU. For reminding me, Why I moved over a 1000 miles away from mine. Huggs Tina 315/181/145 (to be at normal weight)
relishtx
on 4/12/04 3:52 am - Dallas, TX
Maybe our families are related?????!!!! My initial dream is to get my IT certifications and go work overseas (I loved living in Europe)...I wonder if that would be far enough away? *sigh* But the angst about that is I would be far away from my mother and that beautiful grandbaby of mine. Mary Beth
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/12/04 5:02 am - Houston, TX
F@ck them and feed them Fish eyes.. My Bad.. Your brothers sound like my aunts. But congrats on not going on a binge. Peace
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 111 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 188 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 487 views